Those of you with WMR

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Those of you with WMR

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Jarilo
    Participant

How good is the support with VorpX for Windows Mixed Reality? I think a lot of us are having the idea of adding to the collection the Reverb HP thing for it’s insane resolution/comfort specifically for seated usage. Is it seamless to run stuff from SteamVR and through VorpX into the HMD? Does the WMR software cause issues?

dellrifter22
    Participant

I was asking about this also. You can see replies here: (phone won’t let me create link)

Will the Valve Index require a vorpX update?

zeveral
    Participant

WMR compatability is fine. You have to start the Mixed Reality Portal (the vr software) before starting a game or there’s a pretty good chance the game won’t render to the headset, which causes bad language every now and then when you forget, but it’s nothing major. Generally speaking, if I start MRP, then SteamVR, then the game I don’t have issues.

The portal has some annoying QoL features, but nothing that breaks games. The biggest issue I have with it is that it will randomly start itself while doing other stuff, so it’s probably better to not leave the headset plugged in all the time (probably a good idea regardless, unless you spend a lot of time in vr).

Jarilo
    Participant

Thanks guys, seems to work well then. I plan to swap back and forth between the Vive, Wireless Vive Pro, and Reverb as I use them for difference purposes. Hopefully it’s not an issues having them plugged in with the WMR. What happens if I run my Vive Pro while the Mixed Reality portal is on ?

dborosev
    Participant

Odyssey+ here, and it works perfectly. Love the higher rez.

Jarilo
    Participant

Odyssey+ here, and it works perfectly. Love the higher rez.

Awesome! Not all that has to happen is the HP Reverb not be sold out everywhere all the time. :)

zeveral
    Participant

What happens if I run my Vive Pro while the Mixed Reality portal is on ?

The universe explodes. Then nothing else happens because it doesn’t support vive. At most, you’ll get an error about an unsupported headset.

jjensson
    Participant

Good to hear this info, as i’m one of those guys who got greedy for resolution and had to return my Rift S. Now i’m waiting for my HP Reverb order. :)

Jarilo
    Participant

Anyone worried about this kind of stuff. I may hold off for a while. Rumors of dead proprietary cables in the back, flickering, dead pixels and pixels lines? Even dead HMDs entirely.

Rma’d my hp reverb flickering screen
    byu/VirtualDave68 inWindowsMR

jjensson
    Participant

Yeah, HP need to clean up their act, it’s getting ridiculous. Luckily, i’m living in Germany and have good return policies. And who knows when my Reverb will arive, could be July or even August, quality control will hopefully get better until then.

That said, the majority of the reviews are positive and issue-free, so i’m not that worried.

Jarilo
    Participant

Yeah, HP need to clean up their act, it’s getting ridiculous. Luckily, i’m living in Germany and have good return policies. And who knows when my Reverb will arive, could be July or even August, quality control will hopefully get better until then.

That said, the majority of the reviews are positive and issue-free, so i’m not that worried.

Sebastian from WMR has the flicker. I think the reviewers really didn’t put the cable through a proper usage stress test, my experience looking this has been the opposite as I see more and more Reverbs being returned. I will wait for the consumer version, that one isn’t being released till later for purchase and hopefully is a batch of units with out issues.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!