tomb raider 2013

Homepage Forums Technical Support tomb raider 2013

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    malx
    Participant

Does this game not run in G3D in directx 11?

Also the shadows look completely off, they don’t appear correctly in 3D or whatever plane they’re on is wrong, is this a known issue ? It’s really distracting and hard to play when all the shadows throw me off.

This is the only game i’ve tested so far great except the shadows issue.

zahncisten
    Participant

Have you tried to set the shadows to a lower setting in the game options? That might be a good solution if they are too distracting 😃

malx
    Participant

No i haven’t i will though, I was just wondering if this was normal; I’m assuming this wouldn’t be an issue with the built in 3D support.

malx
    Participant

another issue is the fluid sync doesn’t seem to make the game any smoother. With it on the game feels like 30 fps not 90.

zahncisten
    Participant

I would suggest checking your actual frame rate by pressing alt+f and see what the readout is. You may have to make adjustments if the framerate is too low. I’ve never had a problem with feeling sluggish if the FPS readout is high. It feels smooth and great when high. For more assistance, look at this forum post. also Ralf said this when comparing fluid sync vs async:

FluidSync indeed mainly caps the game framerate at half the headset’s refresh rate. It’s a bit of a matter of taste, but personally I prefer that over fluctuating framerates when 90fps can’t be reached reliably. The default (‘Auto’) switches it on/off depending on how close the game is to potentially reach 90fps, but you can safely turn it off entirely if you prefer that.

Async is a bit difficult to explain in a non-techie way, so bear with me: you have to imagine vorpX as two rendering processes in parallel: the game and as a second one the rendering to the headset. The async option defines wehther both are in-sync with each other or not. You should usually leave the async optin on, that allows the render to headset thread to run faster than the game.

Performance wise there are always some experiments but I can’t really share any details on ongoing development. In any case you shouldn’t expect wonders like magically doubled G3D framerates.

Finally, as per the shadows, it generally depends on the game. some games render the shadows very well in 3d, and some do not. It’s not so much an issue of native 3d vs whatever, it has to do with how shadows are rendered simultaneously in two eyes. Clearly, that can be difficult! So, sometimes its just better to lower their setting, or even disable them. Sometimes, you can try changing “main eye” to right or left in the vorpx menu and that can sometimes help! Game on!

malx
    Participant

Ok thanks for the reply. So should fluidsync not feel like 90 fps but feel like 45 fps? it definitely doesn’t feel smooth like 90 fps, this is with me trying it on and off along with using “alt-f” to see the reading. It says 45 fps/90 fps but when i turn off fluidsync it feels smoother but of course the fps still drops to 50s which isn’t good.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!