Trouble Getting Battlefront 2 to work

Homepage Forums Technical Support Trouble Getting Battlefront 2 to work

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    fr3e4gent
    Participant

So this is my firs time using this program and I am trying to figure this out. I am using my Asus gaming laptop. I read up as much as I could about what to do for loading Star Wars Battlefront 2 with vorpx.

I prelaunch Star Wars Battlefront 2 and select Windowed Mode, close game to get ready.
    I have gotten to the point where the vorpX profile is applied and I have launched Star Wars Battlefront 2 from my origin account. Once game loads it is not in windowed mode anymore, it never saves.

My HTC Vive headset is connected and SteamVR is on, nothing shows up in my headset, it just keeps going into standby mode.

From the main menu of Battlefront 2 I am trying to press Del or Delete to open the config menu for getting zbuffer and other things taken care of. However when I press Del or Delete nothing is popping up.

Does anyone have a better guide or how to solve my problem?

steph12
    Participant

did you set STEAMVR under Vorpx configuration (general section) ?

what antivirus do you have ?

dellrifter22
    Participant

Yeah, check that you are running vorpX in SteamVR mode, and that you don’t have Fraps or any other conflicting overlay softwares running.

You shouldn’t need to worry about launching a game in windowed mode. In fact I run all my games in fullscreen mode, including SWBF2.

Make sure you’re not running dx12 mode in game, run dx11.

If you still have trouble hooking, test another supported game. If that fails too, you likely have some aggressive antivirus software that needs to be disabled/uninstalled. This has been the case for others this week.

Oh, and just to note: the ingame vorpX menu won’t display on your monitor, only in the headset when pushing Delete key. If you need any help using the menu, let us know.

fr3e4gent
    Participant

So in Vorpx, I am selecting SteamVr as the others were Oculus.

My anti Virus software is McAfee, it is disabled from doing any real time scanning which will prevent any problems with vorpx, I have also excluded certain files from being harassed.

I believe I am running dx11 but just to be sure. How do I check?

Does my steamVR have to be open via Steam?
    I saw a video last night talking about Steam VR needing to be closed. That could be where I went wrong.

steph12
    Participant

even excluding programs from antivirus doesnt mean vorpx will run.

i used bitdefender before, and even after excluding everything from vorpx, vorpx would not run… uninstalling bidefender entirely fixed the issue.

for vorpx to work you have to run steamVR also. ideally start steam VR wait for it to be in steam VR desktop, then launch vorpx, then launch game.

fr3e4gent
    Participant

even excluding programs from antivirus doesnt mean vorpx will run.

i used bitdefender before, and even after excluding everything from vorpx, vorpx would not run… uninstalling bidefender entirely fixed the issue.

for vorpx to work you have to run steamVR also. ideally start steam VR wait for it to be in steam VR desktop, then launch vorpx, then launch game.

I go to check the Vorpx Logs and everything is fine with no errors or problems that I have noticed.

steph12
    Participant

if i were you i’d uninstall mcafee just to make sure (do this only if you can reinstall mcafee easily !!!)

fr3e4gent
    Participant

if i were you i’d uninstall mcafee just to make sure (do this only if you can reinstall mcafee easily !!!)

I uninstalled mcafee, Like I said still same problem. I can get the game loaded, after it attaches. Steam VR recognizes that battlefront.exe is there. But in the headset it is all white, and after a while the headset will go black back into stand by mode.

No mouse icon on desktop looking at the game.

steph12
    Participant

i’m sorry that uninstalling your antivirus did not resolve your issue :/

i didnt buy battlefront 2 so didnt have a chance to try it with vorpx yet.

maybe someone who did could be more helpful than me, i really hope you’ll get to enjoy this game in VR with vorpx soon !

fr3e4gent
    Participant

Thank you, I wish it would work I hope Someone can help me otherwise I am just waiving a stick around in the dark trying to get somewhere.

I just do not understand what is going on. All is loading and attaching/launching. SteamVR says headset is there but headset goes to standby only and if I wake it up, there is just a white screen, then back to standby.

No Mouse Icon when looking at my laptop screen when in Battlefront 2 loads up.

in logs the only thing i see that looks problematic is
    WRN: OpenVRDirectModeManager Submit Error: 101 101 0

RJK_
    Participant

That WRN message is only a warning, no error and quite certainly has nothing to do with your problem.(shows up quite often)

Do other games work with VorpX and are you able to enter the steamVR menü ?

I personally always start steamVR by starting “vrdashboard.exe” directly so i dont have to mess with all that other steam crap in the background. May be starting VR this way before starting the game could help. ( If the game can be started without the steam client )

fr3e4gent
    Participant

I have yet to try other games using VorpX.

I will try using vrdashboard.exe on my next attempt.

Just want to make sure, I do not need my VR base stations (sensors) set up around me. Because the headset will instantly go to standby since the sensors are not on.

fr3e4gent
    Participant

Update, still no luck, same as usual. No visual on VR Headset.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Sounding like you might need to get the vive setup fully first, base stations included. Run SteamVR room setup and try some native vr games (like The Lab).

Lets make sure your vive is working as intended before fiddling with vorpX. Don’t forget to close vorpX before testing native vr games.

Turn off all monitoring programs like afterburner, evga precision, fraps etc.

fr3e4gent
    Participant

Sounding like you might need to get the vive setup fully first, base stations included. Run SteamVR room setup and try some native vr games (like The Lab).

Lets make sure your vive is working as intended before fiddling with vorpX. Don’t forget to close vorpX before testing native vr games.

Turn off all monitoring programs like afterburner, evga precision, fraps etc.

Okay so I do need the sensors set up when I do laptop games??? Especially with vorpx??

Normally I have the sensors set up when I play games like Onward or Beat Saber.

I also do not use any other program, afterburner, fraps etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!