Tutorial: Increase WoW FoV

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Tutorial: Increase WoW FoV

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Xain
    Participant

Its as easy as a single line of code gents.

/run WorldFrame:SetPoint(“TOPLEFT”, 0, -150) WorldFrame:SetPoint(“BOTTOMRIGHT”, 0, 150)

It turns this
    Default FoV

Into this
    Increased FoV

If you want a more in-depth explanation on what this does go search google. Yes you can make the FoV wider if you want by changing 150 to a higher number. Yes you can put pieces of your interface in the black bar area. I find it very useful as most of my interface is there and I don’t even need to hide it as its not covering anything.

Mods I use are
    https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/move-anything
    It literally allows you to move ANYTHING. Any piece of your interface is game.
    https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/dominos
    Need to replace those original bars? Use this.

This is what mine looks like for reference.
    My Interface

steph12
    Participant

omgggg this is epic !!!!

i gave up playing wow with vorpx because of fov, i looked everywhere (even hack forums) to be able to tweak fov without success and your post made my dream comes true !

thank youuuuuuuuuu so much !

how did you find those lines ? are they new ?

Baktus
    Participant

Thank you, that is Full Full Full VR!
    So glad, back for this in wow now.
    This fov fits, immersive screen mode was yesterday :).

Xain
    Participant

I don’t think they are new? I can’t remember when this was implemented as honestly I’ve just been playing on a vanilla private server for the longest but I remembered youtube videos of people using this and had to wrack my brain in searching to find it again. Here’s a random thread on bnet that goes all technical about it.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20747865005

Honestly MMORPG’s in general piss me off with their shitty first person modes, like why even bother if it’s going to be completely unusable? Anyway I suggest using Voiceattack with this if you’re planning on using VR controllers.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ xain : Could you briefly explain how this command is this applied to the game? Is there some kind of console where it is entered?

The reason I’m asking is that vorpX has a built-in function that allows to play back keyboard macros (used for example to set the FOV in Oblivion), so I might be able to automate this with a perfectly calculatd FOV.

steph12
    Participant

@ xain : Could you briefly explain how this command is this applied to the game? Is there some kind of console where it is entered?

The reason I’m asking is that vorpX has a built-in function that allows to play back keyboard macros (used for example to set the FOV in Oblivion), so I might be able to automate this with a perfectly calculatd FOV.

that would be great indeed ^^

Baktus
    Participant

i put it simply in the chat:

/run WorldFrame:SetUserPlaced(true)

This causes the Client to remember the position of your world frame between sessions.

than the other comand xain gave:

/run WorldFrame:SetPoint(“TOPLEFT”, 0, -150) WorldFrame:SetPoint(“BOTTOMRIGHT”, 0, 150)

Its wonderfull, i will never stop playing wow again and decided now, to buy battle of Azeroth to play it with vorpx :)

Xain
    Participant

@ ralf You just need to enter it into the in-game chatbox. I have mine setup as an in-game macro that will activate when I press it.

@ Baktus Thanks for that, I hadn’t searched further to see how to make it persist through sessions as I go back and forth between VR and monitor depending on my mood.

Baktus
    Participant

Its a masterpeace for vr immersion. To play wow, a detailed and high quality game, with this fov in full vorpx vr g3d, is a complete new expirience.
    Have vorpx reached the end of the road?
    Its recommand to try this out, everyone with oculus or vive.

(i do the wonderfull pander in the moment…and i feel exactly like 2006, when i played first time wow and couldnt beleive, what im seeing in my pc)

steph12
    Participant

yes, this is simply incredible ^^

i strongly recommand to anyone who likes wow and have vorpx to try this out, really worth it.

Baktus
    Participant

vorpx wow ist the first AAA MMO wich is released for vr!

Big day!

Thank you Ralf!

This is for sure for the hall of fame :)

francoporto
    Participant

Anyone can make a video with the last version of Vorpx + this FoV command in WoW ? And upload this video in youtube ?

Xain
    Participant

Dude, you just enter in that command in the WoW chatbox and you’re good to go FoV wise. And Vorpx works per usual as well, just start it and then the game and mess with zoom settings if you want.

Also since I cannot edit my original message I’ll post one more mod here I recommend. The Immersive quest mod, this is a must have.

https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/immersion?gameCategorySlug=addons&projectID=257550

Xionor
    Participant

Hi, does this still work?

I’m pasting it in-game but it doesn’t seem to do anything

steph12
    Participant

the op did a mistake in his command,

but it’s working fine for me, just type the macro yourself instead of copy/pasting it from here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!