Update 0.64

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Update 0.64

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

Update 0.64 is now available. To get it, simply start vorpX Control, it will be downloaded and installed automatically. Some more information, including a changelog, can be found in this blog post.

cypherlock
    Participant

Just downloaded the update. Now when I start VorpxControl I get the message “Please Start the Vorpx Control before using vorpx shortcuts”. I click ok but the VorpxControl never starts. I rebooted and still same issue.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Do you start vorpX Control with any parameter? Normally this cannot happen when it is started via its default, unaltered start menu entry, very odd.

You could try to uninstall and then reinstall vorpX to make sure the start menu entry is the one that vorpX originally created. The Web installer will automatically fetch the new version.

Hope that helps,
    Ralf

cypherlock
    Participant

I had checked “run vorpx control as administrator” which I normally like to do so that I do not get admin type errors. However, I just unchecked that and the control started to run.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Good catch, thanks for letting me know. There were some changes to the startup process, and “Run As Admin” was never tested with these changes… Will be fixed shortly.

Edit: The version on the server now works again with the ‘run as admin’-option checked. I didn’t change the version number, so no auto update, but you can use your original installer to get it.

tmek
    Participant

I can’t seem to get vorpControl.exe to work. Similar to above although I don’t believe I ever manually had it set to run as admin.

I no longer have the installer (didn’t know we needed to keep it around). How do I get the update?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hi Tmek,

please send a mail to support |at| vorpx com to receive a new download link.

Aled B
    Participant

Thanks for this update Ralf, it seems to have fixed most if not all of my problems! Was well worth waiting for.

Jay Smizzle
    Participant

I start VorpX control and it doesn’t update automatically. What am I missing? If it is updating, I can’t tell, and when I load a game it still says that it’s the old version.

Tankshell
    Participant

I start VorpX control and it doesn’t update automatically. What am I missing? If it is updating, I can’t tell, and when I load a game it still says that it’s the old version.

Same here. My copy is not auto updating… Ralf?

Ralf
    Keymaster

If the auto update fails, you can simply use your original installer to update. It will always fetch the latest version from the server.

That’s only a workaround of course. To make the auto update work, you should also check whether vorpControl.exe is somehow blocked from accessing the internet, for example by your firewall or antivirus program.

Hope that helps.

creepisgood
    Participant

“”Do you start vorpX Control with any parameter? Normally this cannot happen when it is started via its default, unaltered start menu entry, very odd.
    You could try to uninstall and then reinstall vorpX to make sure the start menu entry is the one that vorpX originally created. The Web installer will automatically fetch the new version.

Hope that helps,
    Ralf
    “”

I got Please Start the Vorpx Control before using vorpx shortcuts
    ” problem last night… I try to uninstall but I cant find the link in e-mail. should I email to support |at| vorpx com for asking help?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yes. :)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!