Update??

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Hannes66
    Participant

Can we expect the promised update this year, or how long have we to wait?.

Greetings Hannes

Ralf
    Keymaster

Before the end of the year is still the plan.

sucaj
    Participant

any hints as to what DirectVR is?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Direct VR is an enhanced and heavily extended Direct Head Tracking that was introduced with the last bigger update as a test case in some games. It now provides automatic 1:1 head tracking, automatic and always perfectly calcuated FOV adjustment and in some cases also handles positional tracking (which allows pos tracking in Z3D mode) at the touch of a button.

Note that this does not work automagically for every game, it requires game specific profiles. 15-20 games will get this with the update.

sucaj
    Participant

Can’t wait! That will go a long way to reducing all the fiddling currently required. Good work, Ralf.

MainFragger
    Participant

Before the end of the year is still the plan.

(looks at the calendar)…

Cutting it a bit close? 1 day to go!

Ralf
    Keymaster

It’s getting close for sure. Three more Direct VR settings files to finish and a couple of short videos that show the new features. If nothing severe shows up in the last minute, a release sometime tomorrow should be possible.

Keep your fingers crossed!

steph12
    Participant

Ralf, i can’t thank you enough for all the hard work you are putting through to release this new vorpx version.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The update is available now. Read more about here.

A Happy New Year to all of you!

nieda113
    Participant

Hello THX for the update,, btw is the list of current games updted as well.Dishonored 2, mafia 3 ?? THX
    happy new year !!1!!11!

Ralf
    Keymaster

The focus of the update was one more time features and functionality. There are a handful of new games included that were download-only before though. e.g. No Man’s Sky, Skyrim SE. More to come early next year.

alegse
    Participant

WOW! This update was the magic bullet!
    Tried the direct head tracking in Skyrim and it is amazing!
    All the stutter and jitter of head movement is GONE! Head movement is smooth and natural!!!
    I would go as far to say that it fells the same as native Occulus Rift content now.

Very well done! I think VorpX should be sold on the Occulus home store and I would definitely recommend it to anyone and everyone now (even those who are not prepared to spend hours tweaking and configuring). It just works magic out of the box!

bakayoyo
    Participant

Thanks Ralf, I had to install the new version using the originally provided VorpX_WebSetup. It wouldn’t update just starting the existing install. The install would do a rollback. Also for installing using the VorpX_WebSetup it complained there was some program still running, after I closed everything, I could still complete the install by ignoring that popup. Config says I’m on 17.1.0 now.

Happy New Year :)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!