Updater stops responding – forever

Homepage Forums Technical Support Updater stops responding – forever

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    borisv13
    Participant

When I click on Start Vorpx, the updater comes up. It says “preparing download” and stops responding instantly. It stays at 0%. I have to Windows End Task.

Very sad to come home tonight and not be able to play.

I ended up requesting a new download link and that worked.

But just so you know, something was definitely wrong with the built-in updater.

Information that might be helpful in debugging:
    My last update was 17.0
    Windows 10 machine 64 bit

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try a resh install. If you don’t have the installer anymore, you can get a new one here: https://www.vorpx.com/request-new-download/

borisv13
    Participant

I mentioned in the original post that a new link solved the problem. I just posted to let you know that there may be a problem with the updater.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sorry, I dind’t read through your whole post. That’s probably an issue with some overzealous AV scanner or similar software. The updater is the same program as the installer, recompiled, but code wise exactly the same.

While the original installer version is whitelisted by most AV programs, the more invasive/annoying ones unfortunately fail doing their guesswork with each new version.

If you use anything else than Windows Defender, try to exclude the vorpX program from your scanner if it allows you to do so. That can prevent many potential problems caused by failing AV programs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!