Updating the supported games list

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Updating the supported games list

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    jjensson
    Participant

@RJK_
    That list of yours is excellent. Bookmarked!

Quick question though:
    Why does the engine entry say “Havoc” on many titles, like Witcher 2 (Red Engine) or Watch_Dogs (Disrupt Engine)?

RJK_
    Participant

Thanks jjensson,

The list is not perfect yet, informations are collected from very different sources, so where its not clear which game engine a game is using and the box for example was marked with “havoc”, you will probably find “havoc” in the list for games listed with an engine like Red Engine. I thought i just leave the havoc entries there so someone may have additional infos on hand even havoc is not a game engine. For games without an engine-name havoc can sometimes help to try out a profile from a game that has an engine name AND is marked with havoc because some Engines are quite similar.

BTW: a game can have different entries like opengl-DGVoodoo-unreal-havoc for example so you have different ways you can try around.

TiP: trying out the “unknown” list can make games working where no other profile provided proper 3D.

jjensson
    Participant

Havoc is the physics engine those games use.

Wikipedia is a good source for this info if one has a bit previous knowledge of game engines.

The Witcher 2 is 100% RedEngine, so i thought it would be useful to add the entry. It was the very first iteration of this engine, before it was upgraded for The Witcher 3.

A new version of RedEngine is used for Cyberpunk 2077.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!