Updating the supported games list

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Updating the supported games list

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    andybak
    Participant

[admin note: this list is outdated, incomplete and inaccurate in multiple ways]

Hi. I’m in the process of updating the woefully inadequate supported games spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17I07-RpOsVpc1XzswJ4zobAisT0ouoONXeNwGDjqDI0/edit?usp=sharing

Any help gratefully received. I’ll add in what I can glean from the 18.1 release blog post although I’m still a bit hazy about some aspects of how different supported features interrelate.

(Ralf – you mentioned you might release an internal list that was more accurate. If you can that would be extremely helpful)

Ralf
    Keymaster

I hate to say it, but the list in its current form doesn’t really make much sense at all – complete or not. The whole Direct VR part as well as positional tracking has almost no meaning for all platformers/adventures/strategy games (and many third person games) that are obviously played best on the cinema screen. Your list insinuates that such games are barely working while in fact the exact opposite is true, they are working perfectly well in the best (and often only) way that makes sense for these types of games.

To be of any real use it would at least have to be split into two, better three parts, e.g. “first person”, “third person”, “other”, each with the appropriate features that make actually sense for that type of game.

BTW: while you’re at it, maybe you might also want to take a closer look at a certain other VR 3D-driver vendor who advertises his product with “Play over 900 games in VR” while in fact it’s nothing but a very basic cinema screen.

andybak
    Participant

That’s pretty much why I referred to it as “woefully inadequate”. ;-)

However – it’s all we’ve got at the moment.

I inherited the basic structure and I’ve simply been trying to update it when new versions come out. I’m happy to take suggestions as to how to improve it – especially in terms of the parts that don’t really make sense or are irrelevent. (I’d love to ditch it entirely if you think you could provide an official alternative)

mpmo
    Participant

YOOOOOOOO THANK YOU FOR UPDATING THE LISTTTT OMGGGGGGG

finally. All i was looking for was a list of games that have geometry 3d (aka the only good option) and when i opened the list i expected most to be red or question marked because that’s how it was before your update. Now? MOST ARE GREEN YESSSS

Btw, how did you discover which have geometric 3D and which don’t? did you test the games yourself to see if it has or not..?

also, why don’t all games have geometric 3D?

Oh, and THANK YOU for updating the list, really.

andybak
    Participant

I didn’t start it. The original came from this thread: https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/call-for-clarification-of-the-supported-game-list/ but it was no longer being updated.

nieda113
    Participant

still not complete missing assassins creed origins e.g.

RJK_
    Participant

The whole Direct VR part as well as positional tracking has almost no meaning for all platformers/adventures/strategy games (and many third person games) that are obviously played best on the cinema screen. Your list insinuates that such games are barely working while in fact the exact opposite is true,

i would agree with that. Since most games can be played with vorpx anyway, i think a list would only make sense if you can overlook if a game supports G3D or not, (which i think) is the most important feature of all.

BTW: Concerning this i freshed up my Engine List a bit, so someone can quickly ckeck if a game runs in G3D or not. Not more or less.

Comments on this list are welcome.

nieda113
    Participant

and ur list is incomplete , too and GTA5 is G3D,, so which list can one trust…?

RJK_
    Participant

GTA 5 is G3D, yes thats what the list says. Where did you read that ?

PS: this is a “FANs” list and has nothing official to do with vorpX.

“By using this site you agree that you possibly deal with false informations”

mpmo
    Participant

ahh thanks for the list. Btw, a question about G3D. How does it get added to games..? does Ralf manually add G3D support to games..? i don’t understand this concept.

Or do games already have G3D support but if that’s the case why are they not all in vorpx?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The list in the original post is outdated, incomplete and inaccurate in multiple ways.

Geometry 3D has to be done on a game to game basis. That is one part of the game profiles you see in the config app. Games normally do not support stereo 3D rendering by themselves, providing that is one of the things that vorpX does.

You can try to create stereo 3D profiles for unknown games in the config app yourself by making a copy of an existing profile and then add the .exe of your game to that copy. To do that you should know what 3D engine your game uses and select a game profile as a base that uses the same engine. Works quite well for Unreal Engine 3 games for example.

There is no guarantee though that such an user profile will produce working stereo 3D, but it’s always worth a shot if you don’t mind experimenting yourself.

mpmo
    Participant

ohh i see. thanks! You said on reddit the next update will make 90% of games have G3D support, correct? any possible release dates for this update?

also, really hope the crew and need for speed rivals (open world driving games) get added, or any other open world driving game with G3D support added would be amazing if you could

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just to be clear: that meant 90% of the games that are supported by vorpX, not 90% of all games out there.

I have no release date yet for the next version, sorry. The last update was just four days ago.

RJK_
    Participant

not 90% of all games out there.

mpmo
    Participant

oh yeah lol of course not ALL games hah, and take your time!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!