Valheim now works with VorpX [cloud profile]

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Valheim now works with VorpX [cloud profile]

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

Looking forward to a good profile for this too!

forlaunchcast
    Participant

Hey fellas,

I’ve tried the vorpx profiles and while they are very good, they do seem very dark. Just a heads up that this just came out yesterday (link below). Disclaimer — I have not tried it.

https://www.windowscentral.com/valheim-mod-adds-vr-support-popular-viking-survival-game

forlaunchcast
    Participant

For what it’s worth, I tried out the VR mod, and I’m not a fan. The modder is trying too hard to turn it into a first person game with (eventually) motion controller support. There is a 3rd person option, but the camera is completely wrong and is guided by your facial movements. It is nice, but I really want to play the game as intended (3rd person with controller/K&M). This is why I like vorpx because it doesn’t try to overdo VR implementation which, inevitably, makes it too janky. Let me play the game exactly as intended but peering through a 3d window…

In sum, looking forward to official support to fix that dark shader problem!

forlaunchcast
    Participant

I was really hoping by now we’d get an official profile for Valheim. The unofficial works well, but it’s too dark at night. Anyone with experience able to fix that dark shader problem? Thanks in advance for listening to my whining first-world problem…

Ralf
    Keymaster

No promises, but I’ll take a look at it. Bought it early on but never checked it until now because of the existing mod.

forlaunchcast
    Participant

Thanks Ralf! I much prefer vorpx to the existing VR mod on Nexus (assuming that was what you’re referring to). I have no interest in motion controls or first person. Want to kick back and play Valheim with the experience of looking through a giant 3d TV! Understood that their are no promises.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!