vorpX 0.8.0 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 0.8.0 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX 0.8.0 has been released. Most notable addition this time is a Virtual Cinema mode that allows you to play games that don’t really make sense in VR otherwise (like 3rd person games, strategy games, sports games etc.).

If you already own vorpX, it should auto-update when you start vorpX Control next time. If it doesn’t for some reason, simply use the web installer that you received when you purchased vorpX. It will download the latest version available.

For details and a complete changelog please click here.

grumdark
    Participant

I upgraded to the new version, but I have problems.
    I need to reinstall, I have sent 2 emails but I get no response.

benqoi
    Participant

Thanks, i expected that !

Tested with mass effect 3 and it’s works perfectly, just had to activate the positional tracking in the vorpx menu.

SacredN1NjA
    Participant

Hi, my vorpx can’t update because my norton 360 SONAR protection says there is a virus, just wanted to notify you if there is a problem with norton users.

peteostro
    Participant

My Vorpx upgrade failed and now i can not run vorpx at all.

on Windows 7 X64

peteostro
    Participant

My Vorpx upgrade failed and now i can not run vorpx at all.

on Windows 7 X64

I was able to find my original installer. When I launched that it downloaded version 8.0 and installed fine.
    If anyone else is having upgrade issues try that

grumdark
    Participant

ok,all sorted after two mails, now working perfect for me.
    pd: new update is amazing.

Ainaemaet
    Participant

Hey Ralf, just wanted to come on and say great job with the new update! :)
    Virtual Cinema mode works great, I just spent an hour running around in Revengeance in there and had a blast.
    Things seem a lot smoother and easier for me to configure as well.

Very happy with this, keep up the great work!

peteostro
    Participant

What res are you playing at? Should we be setting games to 1920×1080?

gustavor38
    Blocked

Two questions.
    Is there any manual in order to use virtual cinema or how to launch it?
    When you say ” Dragon Age: Inquisition (Z3D), optimized for Virtual Cinema mode” is that its only compatible via virtual cinema mode?

Ralf
    Keymaster

There’s not much to it. Virtual Cinema Mode can be enabled/disabled on the main page of the ingame menu. If it’s enabled, a few more options are visible, which should be quite self explanatory.

Optimized for Virtual Cinema usually relates to games that are best played this way. DA Origins for example is third person and quite interface heavy. You can switch Virtual Cinema off at any time, but that doesn’t make much sense in this case due to how the game works.

gustavor38
    Blocked

Thanks for the answer Ralf, I shall try it.

Laser
    Participant

Not working that well for me so far. VorpX config util allways crashes when I try to open it. Virtual Cinema mode worked when trying diablo but other games like Skyrim won’t even hook up, well its a mess with the new 0.5 oculus drivers, had to play around that for a while to properly get hmd detected. Anyway nice feature list on this upgrade, lots of stuff to try out when I get this working.

laarson1888
    Participant

I’m haveing the same problem , cant update to latest , i checked my email and im not 100% sure which way i have to install , on my receipt i have a dl link there , i assume thats the link i need but it is only for 14 days and that sover now. any help would be great

mcine
    Participant

I bought vorps because of this update and rf2 will hook up, but I cannot get it working well with 1920×1080.
    xcom wont hook up (steam) , also tried couple thief-games and ms flight sim x.. does not hook up..
    I think that the oculus installer installe 5.0.1 for me… can that be a problem ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!