vorpX 0.8.0 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 0.8.0 Available Now

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    limjn
    Participant

MY PC FORMAT PLEASE VORPX 8.0 DOWNLOAD

zeemonkeeman
    Participant

Ok, everything works great but for one thing – i got huge judder in Virtual Cinema mode. I mean the cinema mode itself, all the games on the screen work flawlessly even Far Cry 4 and AC Unity. But when i turn my head there’s a lot of blur and high tracking latency.

Laser
    Participant

Ok, everything works great but for one thing – i got huge judder in Virtual Cinema mode. I mean the cinema mode itself, all the games on the screen work flawlessly even Far Cry 4 and AC Unity. But when i turn my head there’s a lot of blur and high tracking latency.

Check your fps when in cinema mode <75 fps is judder fest.

Laser
    Participant

Not working that well for me so far. VorpX config util allways crashes when I try to open it. Virtual Cinema mode worked when trying diablo but other games like Skyrim won’t even hook up, well its a mess with the new 0.5 oculus drivers, had to play around that for a while to properly get hmd detected. Anyway nice feature list on this upgrade, lots of stuff to try out when I get this working.

Got it working again, uninstalled (no need to delete registry) then installed again and made sure the vorpx stuff launches with administrator rights. Everything seems to be working again and new features are very nice!

humbert
    Participant

Registered just to thank you for Virtual Cinema mode. It is absolutely my favorite way to play all games on the rift. (I had been struggling with Virtual Desktop and Tridef in SbS mode but no longer.) This format has no motion sickness even at low frame-rates. I bought those games that vorpX supports that I didn’t have and having a great experience. Please, any past games you add to Virtual Cinema compatibility will be very much appreciated :)

Karlor
    Participant

Just wanted to say I have been messing around with the new Crouch/Jump set up. It’s pretty cool! I still need to do some fine tuning to the settings but so so good. Its pretty slick.

I was wondering in edge peek mode would it be possible to have the ambiance effect to the outside instead of black? Just an idea. Anyway great new feature.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ humbert: You can play essentially any game that vorpX can hook into in Virtual Cinema Mode. Just has to be enabled in the vorpX ingame menu.

@ karlor: No problem technically for the default 3D EdgePeek. Will add that as an expert option to not make the menu even more complicated for beginners.

Edit: Unless unexpected issues show up ambience background in EdgePeek will be the new default. Less immersion breaking this way.

piebald3
    Participant

Love the new update. Virtual Cinema was a great additional, and all around, having no issues getting games to hook. Thanks for all the hard work Ralf. Finally have Fear 2 running and was playing some older versions of NBA and MLB 2k in virtual cinema. Very cool.

piebald3
    Participant

Love the new update. Virtual Cinema was a great addition, and all around, having no issues getting games to hook. Thanks for all the hard work Ralf. Finally have Fear 2 running and was playing some older versions of NBA and MLB 2k in virtual cinema. Very cool.

zbzbz12
    Participant

After the update Vorpx doesn’t work at all. Hey I just updated and after the update my Rift Config says No tracker and HMD installed. It was working fine before the update so I am confused. I re-installed to 4.4 driver and it fixed the driver so probably the drivers fault. But Vorpx will no longer work since the update. I tried downgrading it again to 4.4 driver but it said no device connected but it appeared working in the Rift config. Right now I am waiting for a key to see if re-installing fixed it. (Oculus config still says nothing connected) But I am playing Euro Truck Sim 2 and it working fine.

I have Dk1

zbzbz12
    Participant

So if anyone else is having the problem you have to do set it HMD ACCESS and disable DK1 Legacy. This is not VorpX’s fault it was the Runtime update.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!