vorpX 16.1.1 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 16.1.1 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Electryic
    Participant

Ralf: I used the switcher to run 0.8 runtime and ran vorpX. Right after finishing the download, it immediately rolls back changes.

The update is saved in C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Local\Temp\vxs-(numbers), just copy the content to a different location after the update finished (you have to be quick) and run the setup.

I ended up just using the installer. As long as you don’t delete the registry files your license remains intact.

alegse
    Participant

I have auto updated to VorpX 16.1.1
    I was using VorpX 0.9.1 with Oculus Runtime SDK 0.8.0.0 running my DK2

After the update my VorpX is broken. I get the error message:
    Oculus runtime init failed.

Do I have to update my SDK to 1.3 ??? Or are we meant to keep running SDK 0.8 ?

edo
    Participant

Ok same problem as a few above…installed 16.1.1…rebooted…cant get past white screen after health safety warning where it says “Please Wait”

I am using dk2 980ti…config vorpx comes up fine , registers as dk2…vorpx desktop also doesn’t start..same hangup…

Randomly I have gotten Skyrim to launch and run fine. However others like Vorpx desktop and GTA still hang on that screen. Is there a special sequence required? it seems the oculus store/library must load first since it auto loads when you turn on the dk2? after it appears I start vorpx and then get the health safety warning, then from Steam or desktop I launch a game and then I get “Please wait” for everything but Skyrim? Should steam vr to be on perhaps? I am clueless as to what I did differently with Skyrim to make it work.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ alegse: Yes, 1.3 is required. The new vorpX does not work with 0.8

feathers632
    Participant

I think most of us know we need to be on 1.3 runtime. It doesn’t fix the issue of the desktop viewer not starting either from the icon or from sys tray icon.

Virtual theater mode works when I play a video or switch to that mode from a game but the virtual desktop doesn’t appear. Oculus home just says “please wait…”

edo
    Participant

ok got a few games to run, eg skyrim, batman, fallout 4, however I never get rid of that “Please waiting” screen which launches as soon as I start vorpx. I launch the games over top of that screen and they seem to work however upon exiting the game the dk2 screen goes black and hangs. I have to exit vorpx and then the oculus store/library comes back on the dk2. Something is not happy there!

Also still no luck with vorpx desktop.

I have reinstalled, rebooted, reinstalled again. Still no luck. I am hesitant to do a full uninstall first since I am afraid that might erase my license key. Anyway it works this way; sort of. The “please wait” and hangup still seems to be there but If I ignore them the few games I have tried, do work. (GTA still doesn’t work but that may be the GTA VR mod not ready for 1.3 sdk)

(Windows 10, DK2, SDK 1.3, NVidia 364.51 driver, gtx980ti )

edo
    Participant

ok sorry cant edit last post but realized I wasn’t on latest Nvidia drivers. So I have updated to 364.72 and I get same result. Also tried stereo enabled as well as stereo disabled in the Nvidia control panel. no luck on getting Vorpx to launch without the “Please waiting” hang. It could be worse, since I can launch games over top of that but somethings not right when it crashes/hangs afterwards.

modelmode
    Participant

Hmmm. Ok, I installed the switcher and can confirm that it works between 0.8 and 1.3. I was able to install Vorpx 16.1.1 but when I try to start it I get the o’l Oculus Runtime init failed Please check if you have the Oculus runtime installed. Is this just because Vorpx can’t find the runtime? We had to use some specific folders for the runtimes. On a side note, I’m so happy I get to have my cake and eat it too! Thanks Raif!

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ edo : Seeing the grey Oculus room before a game starts for a few seconds is perfectly normal. That’s how Oculus chose to handle things from now on.

@ modelmode : After the update vorpX uses runtime 1.3, switching to 1.3 in the runtime switcher should solve this. If you don’t need 0.8 anymore for other purposes, you can now remove it entirely.

jhondidfool
    Participant

@ Ralf : A few seconds, yes. A few minutes… not so much. In fact, I have not been able to run the desktop even after 15 minutes waiting.

Latest drivers NV 980, DK2

feathers632
    Participant

The point is the the desktop view isn’t working even after a few seconds or 15 minutes or 30 minutes. It’s not just me or Edo but others are reporting the same.

For me the virtual theater works if I enable it from within a game. Vorpx works with games but if I start the virtual desktop nothing happens. Oculus home just waits forever….

Ralf
    Keymaster

If it takes longer than a few seconds, the Desktop Viewer almost certainly hangs for whatever reason.

This may very well be an injection conflict. Please check the trouble shooting guide for possible causes of injection conflicts. That’s something that has to be diagnosed on your machine. No way to provide a solution without that unfortunately.

Just in case: the desktop viewer only works on Windows 8+. It should show a warning though if you run it on Windows 7, so that’s probably not the problem.

feathers632
    Participant

Windows 8.1 for me vorpx control 64 bit and 32 bit are in memory.

It’s not confined to earlier windows either… A friend of mine in the US has windows 10 and exactly the same issue. Vorpx works except for the desktop viewer.

We’re both Nvidia users (970 for me and 980ti for him).

Others are having the same issue:

“Hi Ralf. Im having problems with this. Ive installed it correctly, rebooted and when I open vorpx first, oculus home opens normally but VorpX does not get past the loading animation, its always with “please wait”.

I use a DK2, windows 10 980ti and the lastest nvidia drivers”

The only common thing between us seems to be we’re all using Nvidia and DK2.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The importtnant part of my above post was the first part, not the Win 7 hint:

If it takes longer than a few seconds, the Desktop Viewer almost certainly hangs for whatever reason.

This may very well be an injection conflict. Please check the trouble shooting guide for possible causes of injection conflicts. That’s something that has to be diagnosed on your machine. No way to provide a solution without that unfortunately.

feathers632
    Participant

I read all through the guide. No antivirus running since that previously caused issues with 64 bit vorpx control. Skype is closed down because I know that stops vorpx.

Both 32 and 64 bit vorpx control are resident in memory.

Our setups for Vorpx were previously working fully… this is just since the latest runtime and vorpx version. Thus there is nothing in your trouble-shooting guide that can fix it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 16.1.1 Available Now’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!