vorpX 16.2.0 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 16.2.0 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX 16.2.0 has been released.

This release mainly adds beta support for the HTC Vive. You can now use vorpX with your HTC Vive and SteamVR. With only two weeks of development time HTC Vive support is in early stages, so expect to be beta for a while. Please note that vorpX is a seated experience.

Additional to this we also added a new experimental feature named Direct Head Tracking that is currently only available in Fallout 4, more games to come. Enabling this on the head tracking page of the vorpX ingame menu provides you with automatic 1:1 head tracking and enables full analog gamepad support in the game.

If you already own vorpX, it should auto-update when you start vorpX Control next time. If it doesn’t for some reason, simply use the web installer that you received when you purchased vorpX. It will download the latest version available.

If you don’t own vorpX yet, you can buy it here:

Supported headsets: Oculus Rift DK2 and CV1, HTC Vive.

If you already own vorpX, it should auto-update when you start vorpX Control next time. If it doesn’t for some reason, simply use the web installer that you received when you purchased vorpX. It will download the latest version available.

Carpediemsnuts
    Participant

Great news Ralf thanks for getting this out so fast! I purchased via Paypal about 20 minutes ago and haven’t had an email or anything yet :( Getting scared since you’re using Digital River for payment processing….

jasonhoward64
    Participant

Does 16.2.0 work with oculus runtime .8? I’m looking to play GTAV with the head tracking mod, and the .8 runtime is a requirement.

http://grandtheftvr.com/instructions/

Thanks!

gemno
    Participant

Fear not Carpediemsnuts. Vorpx is legit and the real deal. You’ll get the software even if it takes a little bit. Works great. I’m surprised Oculus/Facebook or HTC/Valve haven’t walked up to Ralf with a bucket of money yet but who knows how that works. Anyhow, I consider Vorpx must have software for the HMD.

rtrski
    Participant

First, Thank you very much for writing this! I purchased as soon as I saw the beta was out (someone posted on reddit).

Second…is there a basic sequence of instructions somewhere for Vive users? I looked but couldn’t find one (failure could have been mine).

Something like (installation and registration of vorpx being assumed….):

Configure for vive first thru configure vorpx shortcut. Then to start game

1. Start SteamVR, headset and base stationss on but controllers can be off?
    1a. Run configuration for desktop/standing
    2. Start vorpX
    3. Start game
    3a. If starting game thru steam try ___

So far I’ve only attempted once – Dead Space – and the exe just crashed on launch
    ?

rtrski
    Participant

OK, so Dead Space probably not the best first game to try. Turns out even total uninstall of vorpx still didn’t let it start up without crashing; something obviously got broken between last time I played and buying the Vive that had nothing whatsoever to do with vorpx.

Had to go reset the settings to turn off Vsync and turn off fullscreen to get it to run again. Will keep trying…maybe with something else first.

I did notice that even stopping vorpx apps using task manager, they auto-start when you start a game executable? Is there a way to have the ‘option’ to use VR or not when running games after installing, just in case? Sorry for probably ignorant questions here. Thanks again for fast Vive support and I’m sure it’ll be great!

Ralf
    Keymaster

When you close vorpX from it’s tray icon, it doesn’t do anything anymore. It’s just a normal program and not active until you launch it.

rtrski
    Participant

I had killed the 2 running processes using task manager not tray icon since I thought it was why DS wasn’t executing properly, but it was unrelated. So if not running it won’t even try to run when you launch games? (e.g. hasn’t connected itself at the registry level to execute first?) Also…didn’t even know there was a tray icon at first. Stupid W10 hiding icons unless you set them on…sheesh. Got it visible now.

Also figured out if it is running I can prevent it autostart with applications (watcher?) at the tray icon. The menu pick wording didn’t quite match what the help page said about enabling/disabling which confused me, but all is good now. Did notice it gets stuck with applications in a ‘can’t find HMD’ text notice loop if the Vive isn’t actually plugged in but watcher was on…prevented me actually getting the focus into Elite until I disabled the watcher and tried again. And of course might not actually use in Elite since it has its own (currently buggy) VR support built in.

Wanted to buy the second I saw Vive support but waiting on new glasses without bifocal lens to really use my Vive for evil <grin>) so might not test again for a week or so. Couldn’t resist the very first day but not worried if it take a few tries to get the right sequence. Probably start with 3rd person games first like Dead Space, Alan Wake, Witcher 2 and 3, to test my nausea response.

Thanks again for the program and look forward to much more time with it.

Codemonkey3
    Participant

I just tried STALKER CoP but all I get is a black screen. Unsupported? Says it is on the list that it is supported, but for Vive I figure maybe it’s not ready yet. Also no optimization options for STALKER in the control panel either.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not all games have an optimizer profile. For the Stalker games please make sure to select the DX9 renderer in the game.

sucaj
    Participant

This update broke 3D rendering in Morrowind :(

Ralf
    Keymaster

Confirmed. Z3D will definitely return with the next vorpX update. I have to look into G3D, but can’t promise anything in this regard yet.

sucaj
    Participant

Thanks for looking into it! I’m one of the many G3D-or-bust folks, so here’s hoping! G3D was so amazing in Morrowind in previous versions.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’ll definitely check it. I can’t remember any recent changes to the D3D9 pipeline that might have caused something like that, but if the issue can be found, it will be solved.

While not being exactly popular anymore due to its age, Morrowind has a special place in my heart. So I’d like to see this fully working again myself if possible.

Ralf
    Keymaster

It’s fully working again here after disabling and re-enabling a few options in MGE-XE. Very odd.

Before there was only a white screen as soon as G3D was enabled, now it’s working fine again. Unfortunately I can’t even say what it was exactly. It’s now working again with distant land and other extra features of MGE-XE…

If your issue is the same (white screen), try disabling distant land/shaders/solar shadows per pixel lighting and antialiasing and then re-enable them in MGE-XE. That was basically what I did.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 16.2.0 Available Now’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!