vorpX 16.2.0 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 16.2.0 Available Now

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    sucaj
    Participant

Yeah, some of the shaders/post-processing in MGE-XE definitely cause the white screen, but that’s not what I’m seeing. I’m seeing a perfectly working image – only it’s in 2D, no matter which 3D mode in VorpX I select. I didn’t change any settings at all in Morrowind except that I upgraded to the latest VorpX.

Glad that you love Morrowind as much as me :) VorpX breathes new life into it for sure.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I can’t replicate that. Just tested with the last release version to be sure. Maybe it’s related to a settings save/load issue that was reported a handful of times already and that I can’t replicate for the life of me.

Could you please start the game a few times and check whether that makes a difference. Afterwards please create a trouble shoot data archive in the config app and send it to support |at| vorpx com. I’m currently collecting every bit of info that might be related to this.

sucaj
    Participant

Weird, 3rd time loading did the trick! Everything is in proper 3D now. Thanks!

The only remaining issue is that something with the scale seems to have changed from the prior version? Even jacking up the separation to the max (5.0), the world is still oversized. This wasn’t an issue in previous versions, where 1.2-15 was perfect. It’s also not an issue in other games (just tried Skyrim, for instance).

mikenet7077
    Participant

So I know this must have been mentioned someplace but I don’t have the time to read everything right now. I only have time to get quick info and make a decision: Does Vorpx work with games like MMOs(WOW and EQ2), TheHunter:Primal, and other games that have a secondary game launcher window or are 3rd person? I am really interested in this vorpx app to play older games too. Under $40 dollars is a great price for your product but money is tight so I want to make the right choice for me. I don’t really do car racing games or sports games much. To be honest I like the old school FPS and MMOs mostly but do have most of the games that VIVE offers now. VR is incredible I must say. Thanks.

Bryson
    Participant

I believe world of warcraft is on the working list , but it depends on the game engine’s google “blankgamename’s engine” and google will usually tell you what it runs on , and if vorpX works with that engine like for example older “OPENGL” or “Unity” then you would be good to go ! , I can also verify that VorpX will work with games with game launchers as well.

tramirez89
    Participant

So far, I’ve loved this tool. Nicely done Ralf.

Given that this is still way in beta (so no complaints here), any idea how often you expect to work on Vive support? I’m curious if it’s the primary hardware your focusing on, or secondary.

I wanna try Space Engineers, but doesn’t quite look like it’s ready yet haha

deisic
    Participant

wondering the same. when is the next update?

wysiwyg
    Participant

I just found out there’s a newer version out (I was running 0.9.1 on Rift DK2). I succeeded in downloading 16.2.0 using the Web Setup utility from the second time, and it almost immediately disappeared from the *hidden* download folder under “%Temp%” for no apparent reason, however I’m far too smart for that and copied the installer EXE for backup purposes :D. I can see that there is no progress on running the configuration utility on Windows 10? It still shows a “vorpConfig has stopped working” error which automatically closes almost immediately. Should we expect a fix or a workaround for that any time soon?

Xionor
    Participant

I just found out there’s a newer version out (I was running 0.9.1 on Rift DK2). I succeeded in downloading 16.2.0 using the Web Setup utility from the second time, and it almost immediately disappeared from the *hidden* download folder under “%Temp%” for no apparent reason, however I’m far too smart for that and copied the installer EXE for backup purposes :D. I can see that there is no progress on running the configuration utility on Windows 10? It still shows a “vorpConfig has stopped working” error which automatically closes almost immediately. Should we expect a fix or a workaround for that any time soon?

Just read in another topic that VorpX installation might mess up if you don’t install from an account with Admin rights, maybe try an uninstall then fresh install from an Admin account?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 16.2.0 Available Now’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!