Vorpx and Mod Organizer

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Vorpx and Mod Organizer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Saika
    Participant

Hello.I have a very, very strange issue with Skyrim Mod Manager and VORPX.

I suddenly lost 15 fps in average with the game.
    To try and keep it short, after a lot of troubleshooting and benchmarks (and reinstalling,etc…) I have come to the conclusion that Launching even just a vanilla (yes vanilla) session through Mod Manager has the game run 15 fps slower in average than just skse (or tesv only) with Vorpx.

I know someone will tell me to look the INI’s but they are the same, trust me.

My last benchmarks, without Vorpx, has shown to me that a vanilla skyrim launched normally or through mod organizer gives the same FPS.
    So ya, the issue is between Vorpx and Mod Organizer.

Any help would really be grateful!!

Tiggerdyret
    Participant

MO has a seperate INI file. Maybe there something in the ini file, you’ve forgotten.

Saika
    Participant

I did write that the Ini’s were the same.
    Launching skse or the launcher normally will give me around 50 to 60 fps inside the rift.But launching the skse or launcher through MO (we are talking about a vanilla MO with the same INI files) will give me 30 to 40.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If the ini files and everything else is exactly the same, there is no reason why there should be any performance difference.

I would strongly suggest though to not use the mod organizer, as this likely will disable a shadow fix that vorpX applies if the manager does indeed use a separate .ini file.

Generally only use mods that you are certain of to not have any effect on frame rate. This also includes any hi-res texture packs that you may have installed. Those might not get removed by disabling mods.

Saika
    Participant

Thank you for your reply.Actually I made a mistake in the title, it is Mod Organizer of course that I am using, not NMM.Shadows seem to work fine with Mod Organizer though?

As I said, I am killing myself since now 10 days to try and fix it.I have reinstalled everything many times (including Vorpx).So now, it is a completely vanilla game and vanilla Mod Organizer.

Without the rift, the benchmarks I do give the exact same fps and gpu/cpu usage between vanilla launcher/skse and vanilla skse/launcher through Mod Organizer.And absolutely no ctd (I could play for 10 hours straight and have 0 ctd).
    But when I use Vorpx, skse/launcher will give me 50 to 60 fps, and then when I launch skse/launcher through MO I get 30 to 40.

I have tried so many things, and can’t find out why Mod Organizer is conflicting with Vorpx.Plus it seems that the more I launch through Mod Organizer, the more likely I am to get CTD’s inside Vorpx, while I will never get CTD’s playing on my monitor.And to fix the CTD’s I have to reinstall Vorpx every-time.This and strangely, my settings for in game skyrim never save after I close the program even though I did the vps save and reload trick.

I want to fix it so bad, Skyrim without Mod Organizer isn’t an option sadly.

Saika
    Participant

I’ve been checking lots of logs from MO or SKSE but found nothing.
    I checked vorpx logs this time, and found differences when launching between skse only and when launching through MO.

Basically, I did find error lines (and other additional lines) from the log when using MO, that aren’t there otherwise if I don’t use MO to launch SKSE.

ERR: _IsWindowsVersionOrGreater Error: GetFileVersionInfo failed.
    ERR: MultiMonitorGetConfig not supported in OS < Windows7

ERR: _IsWindowsVersionOrGreater Error: GetFileVersionInfo failed.
    INF: D3D9 BufferGrabber initialized. Grab mode: 0 (when I don’t use MO it says Grab Mode: 1)

INF: SettingsUI: Init (this is the end line, it doesn’t appear when not launching through MO).

Ralf
    Keymaster

If the mod manger forces vorpX into grab mode 0, which is indeed slower, the solution to your issue is not using the mod manager.

I will take a look at it, but since this likely is some odd modification to your system config caused by the mod manager, I can’t promise that there will be any other solution than not using it.

Saika
    Participant

This is weird, because in May it was working still (at least before I started Skyrim again in September) and I guess I am one of the very few that has an issue launching MO with vorpx since there is absolutely nobody else making topics with that same issue.

The only change that may have happened was the anniversary update from windows in august.

This is devastating news to be honest, because any mod manager that isn’t MO, is, to my frank opinion, pure garbage and should never be considered.From what I’ve read in their forum Nexus Mod Manager is barely working if at all since the new version…

Ralf
    Keymaster

Judging from the errors in the logfile the mod manager seems to enforce Windows reporting a wrong version number for whatever reason. You could check whether you accidentally did set Windows XP/98 compatibilty mode for it. If you didn´t, apparently it does something similar on it´s own, which may cause all sorts if issues as vorpX as well as the headset runtimes rely on running on Windows 7+.

Saika
    Participant

I immediately checked and the compatibility mode wasn’t checked to begin with.
    I did check Windows 7/8 mode to see but it didn’t change anything sadly :(

The thing is, MO is a program that doesn’t change any file in the computer.It supposedly doesn’t touch the registry or anything, it’s just there, inside the game folder.I tried many older versions but it didn’t fix anything.
    This is weird, almost unfair that only I have this insane issue.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not being into Skyrim modding myself, I can´t really judge the importance of the mod organizer for you, but for a host of reasons I would strongly suggest to play Skyrim without any mods at all – or only those that seem really essential to you.

The game is quite a resource hog already without stereo rendering. If you use so many mods that you can´t handle them without an extra organizer program, you almost certainly have too many mods installed for vorpX to run at a decent frame rate anyway.

As difficult as it may seem to you if you modded Skyrim for years, try to follow this rule: choose the 5-10 mods that you positively can´t live without. Check each one of them for it´s impact on performance. Sort out the ones that reduce FPS. Enjoy Skyrim in VR.

Saika
    Participant

With the right settings and right mods it is possible to mod Skyrim even for VR.
    When I didn’t have the issue in june, I had 45 mods running flawlessly on 1280/1440p with Vorpx, with a 55 to 60 fps outside in Whiterun for example and 75 to 90 in interiors.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I´d really like to have another solution for you, but if the mod organizer is causing your problem, the easist way to solve it is not using the mod manager. As said above, I will look into it, but since the manager seems to cause a – absolutely unnecessary for Skyrim – modification to Windows in regard to the version it reports, I can´t promise whether there will be another solution than simply not using it.

Saika
    Participant

Well, I was already ready to accept that there is no solution :)
    But I will never quite figure why it is only me.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Having done a fair bit of Oblivion modding myself back in the day, I totally get that you love Skyrim the most with dozens of mods installed, but honestly: just get rid of the organizer you are using if it causes issues. No mod(s) can be important enough to not play Skyrim in VR just because some mod organizer program does odd things.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!