Vorpx and Mod Organizer

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Vorpx and Mod Organizer

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

So, here’s the deal – be aware that I spent two hours of a Sunday for this. :)

If the Mod Organizer is used to start Skyrim, a Windows function to obtain the version of a vital – one could say THE vital Windows system DLL, which is used by each and every Windows program – fails with a “file not found” error. That is obviously nonsense, as the DLL can be loaded just fine, otherwise Skyrim wouldn’t even launch. Due to this vorpX operates in the wrong mode, which in the end causes your FPS loss with Mod Oganizer. My guess would be that the program messes with DLL search paths, but that’s just speculation.

I have now implemented a fallback method if something like that happens for whatever reason. For me it fixes the Mod Organizer problem, so there’s a good chance that it will work for you too. Will be in the next vorpX version.

IMPORTANT: The fallback may cause other problems, not work at all on your PC or kill your cat, so please consider it totally unofficial and absolutely not guaranteed work!

Saika
    Participant

Thanks you a lot for your hard work :)

I will be looking forward to this.Please don’t tell me the update is months away though because the wait might be unbearable ^^

Ralf
    Keymaster

Send a mail to support |at| vorpx com and I will tell you how to circumvent the issue until the next vorpX version is out. It’s easy but can have unwanted side effects, so I won’t post it here.

Saika
    Participant

Email sent :)

Saika
    Participant

So Ralf did send me the solution and it worked flawlessly :)

I am so happy right now!
    It would be good for people who use MO to check if they too have the same issue.I am sure that a lot of people may have that bug but just think the issue is because of mods lowering frame rate!

Thank for you hard work on a Sunday man.You are amazing.I thought all hope was lost because as soon as I mention Skyrim and mod organizer in the same sentence people assumed I was an idiot who couldn’t manage ini’s and just didn’t know how to mod properly :(

prinyo
    Participant

Which DLL is reported as not found?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!