vorpx doesnt work?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpx doesnt work?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    AntDX316
    Participant

I just got vorpx and LFS doesn’t work at all

assesto corsa works but after I reload it everytime alt tabbing right before I go to the track by closing and reopening

its hard to navigate as everything looks like mismatched where I have to close one eye to navigate..

I see people on youtube navigating by moving their head but I cant see edges of the screen to see the menu selections..

I tried using virtual desktop but that just gives a black screen on the rift with just seeing a mouse cursor..

am I missing something?

I have latest 340.52 drivers for NVidia, latest intel, latest hard drive, latest BIOS, latest windows updates, UAC/defender both disabled

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hi AntDX316,

Neither LFS nor Asseto Corsa are on the supported games list, so they might or might not work. There are no guarantees with games that do not have a profile. Many will work (in most case without Stereo 3D), but not all.

To see the whole screen you can use vorpX’s EdgePeek feature (press middle mouse button). This and an few more useful things are explained in the quick reference in the documentation.

Also please make sure to run all games at a resolution of 1920×1080 for the DK2.

Just in case: Did you go through the DK2 setup guide in the documentation? In case of issues, please use the most compatible settings mentioned there (DK2 as primary display). Every step in the guide is important. If you use Windows 8, please also check the according sticky above.

AntDX316
    Participant

I followed each step thoroughly even going through multiple post and threads reading everything on what I could be missing. I just uninstalled 3D vision driver and 3D vision controller driver. I’m also going to try to experiment with the watcher to off. I haven’t tested those 2 yet but I will later on today.

I really want it to work as all I play is planetside 2, FSX, iracing, assesto corsa, LFS, GTR2, for sim.. I have DCS full but haven’t played

I might get project cars and rfactor 2 if vorpx really turns out good with those games I have if I can get it to work

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please check the supported games list in the “Basic Facts” menu above. Not much of what you list has been tested with vorpX.

vorpX generally tries too hook into every DX9-DX11 game, so many games that are not on the list will also work (usually without Stereo 3D), but there are no guarantees in these cases.

BTW: To get good head tracking in racing sims which do not have mouse look you should take a look at OpenTrack, which can emulate TrackIR input using the Rift (might not be DK2 ready yet).

AntDX316
    Participant

Planetside 2 has a vorpx hook but the game doesn’t response to the mouse cursor at all but the vorpx menu mouse it does

I downloaded arma 3 and f1 2012 again so I will try those later on and see

Ralf
    Keymaster

Planetside 2 was never tested here, but reportedly works fine with a gamepad.

For Arma 3 please check the thread below. It’s currently buggy but there seems to be a temporary workaround:

Arma 3 doesn’t work DK2

AntDX316
    Participant

hey, I played some games like Race 07 and LFS and TF2

with TF2 the mouse doenst work also will Planetside 2

with Race 07 and LFS the head tracking does work but they have full TrackIR support

can you tap into that area to make it head track?

I’m sure those can be fixed before final version?

the mirroring is perfect : )

AntDX316
    Participant

also I’m on multi-GPU and it works : )

I just use DK2 as main and navigate with it

AntDX316
    Participant

also I find with vorpx that setting the zoom from 1.00 to .50 makes it look more realistic

having a zoom of 1.00 makes it way too close to be real

Ralf
    Keymaster

For games that allow you to change the FOV (field of view), you should rather do that instead of using the zoom.

For some games you can do this with vorpX, either by using the Game Settings Optimizer in the vorpX config app or by using the Geometry 3D FOV Enhancement (if a game has Geometry 3D support). For many other games you can find short tutorials by googling for FOV + game name.

If a game does not allow to change the FOV at all, using the zoom is a good alternative.

AntDX316
    Participant

but how to get TrackIR head tracking with DK2?

AntDX316
    Participant

the games support TrackIR but DK2 is far superior

VorpXer
    Participant

Live for Speed has excellent native DK2 support, just install the patch for it and it works on its own without VorpX

see
    https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/86202

AntDX316
    Participant

oh true, and I havnt tried driver san Francisco yet

it has right joystick look support like F1

will it head turn like Dirt 3 and F1?

AntDX316
    Participant

nvm tracking works I just have to enable HT game pad tracking

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!