vorpx isn't hooking with Star Wars Battlefront II

Homepage Forums Technical Support vorpx isn't hooking with Star Wars Battlefront II

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    haints
    Participant

Excited to try the new g3d option with Battlefront II but now vorpx doesn’t hook with the game. No error message, no nothing, the vorpx logo doesn’t even show up with the game. It’s like it doesn’t see it anymore.

Help?

EDIT: Switched Origin to “offline” mode and then the Vorpx logo showed up when I started the game, but …. nothing happened. Game didn’t even start. Something is screwed up either with vorpx or with Origin. I hate this stupid DRM shit like Origin and my guess is it is the problem.

EDIT AGAIN: Finally got it working after several tries. I do think it is Origin and all the shit it lays on top of the game … not to mention if I want to quit the game, it never just quits to the desktop right away like most games, but it takes FIVE MINUTES to shut down, because Origin sucks …

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you haven’t done so already, trying the new alternative hooking method is worth a shot. It should not be used always, but might be useful from time to time if a specific game fails to hook. You can enable it on the “General” page of the config app.

BTW: Make sure that you don’t have settings optimizations disabled. vopX has to change some .ini values for G3D to work correctly with this game.

dellrifter22
    Participant

@Ralf: So I’m trying out the new G3D in rift, and it is in fact working at around the 50% performance hit you mentioned. Nice.

While the geometry looks good, the lighting seems to be at constant struggle. It’s not just shadows slightly off match, I’m getting a fair amount of artifact tearing all around, and some interiors making one eye most entirely black. I mean it’s working, just not quite on the level of most your other G3D profiles, image stability wise.

Is this to be expected with the current state of Frostbite in your testing? Or have I got something wrong? I’m wondering if I need to sort driver issues or not.

I haven’t yet tried the alternate hook, but I assume that shouldn’t change the actual render method any differently. I do have game optimizations enabled, but am yet to try with steamVR. I’ll keep testing, but let me know of any hints. Thanks.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Since it’s you :) : Please make sure that you do not have the settings optimizer disabled. That big red warning on every game start that you might have noticed is shown for a reason.

vorpX has to change some .ini values for G3D to work correctly. The more complex games get, and many new AAA games are highly complex technically, the more important it becomes that the exact right settings are active.

Also live switching from Z3D to G3D often causes glitches currently with new Frostbite games, so a game restart might be required when you do that.

If you still encounter issues as severe as you describe afterwards, let me know and I’ll look into it.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I could have made it more clear that I’ve had game optimization enabled from the start. The hint of live switching was useful, thanks. Launching the game with geometry as default seems to solve the lighting issues.

Having tested in both steam and oculus, I still get sporadic artifact flicker throughout the image (random splashes every few seconds). It’s enough to be distracting for sure, but something I could learn to ignore. I just want to know if this is normal for the profile, or if there is still some setting I need to hunt down – maybe some ini lines for comparison.

Either way, it looks pretty neat already, and there’s still decent Z3D, so Stormtroopers best watch out.

Oh, and for haints: Origin has been giving me trouble too. I have to try to launch the game some 5+ times before it actually boots =/

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’ll look into it. Any map where the issue shows reliably? The ones I tested when doing the profile looked OK, otherweise it wouldn’t have been included in the first place.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I’ll probably just do a drivers update later today and see how it goes. Still plenty of games to try.

I was testing mostly Arcade on Takodana, Yavin 4, and Tatooine. Graphics settings from Low to Ultra didn’t seem to matter.

CylonSurfer
    Participant

I noticed this too. Constant random artifacts across the screen. Was looking forward to trying this too.

On another note, I notice the warning about the FOV not being applied to the campain – why is that? What settings should I use, I don’t want to use immersive screen mode or anything other than full VR mode.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Campaign-FOV is a limitation of the game. It only allows to change the FOV in multiplayer.

I have to look in to the glitches. Just in case: make sure not to disable the settings optimization in the comfig app. Otherwise you will definitely get heavy glitches.

CylonSurfer
    Participant

Is the campaign playable at all or is the FOV problem a show stopper?

Ralf
    Keymaster

As always you can use the vorpX image zoom to compensate for missing FOV at the expense of black bars. IIRC you would have to zoom out pretty far, so personally I would prefer immersive screen mode.

No harm in trying though, maybe you prefer the zoom method. Make sure to restart the game after adjusting the zoom, vorpX then auto sets the resolution to at least remove/minimize left/right bars.

This is only necessary for the campgaign. Multiplayer/arcade works fine with perfect FOV.

CylonSurfer
    Participant

I’ll give it a go, I’m only really interested in playing through the story… Are you aware of any 3rd party FOV hacks for the story mode?

Ralf
    Keymaster

None that I’m aware of. Haven’t checked Flawless Widescreen for quite a while though, so that’s worth a shot.

CylonSurfer
    Participant

Yeah no updates to FWS in a long time… I’ll give single player a quick go and see what it looks like, if I can’t get the FOV looking good I’ll just bin the game off, 75GB is too big to sit on my PC doing nothing. Why for the love of god, why would EA prevent you from changing the FOV in story mode, it makes no sense.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I might be wrong, but pretty sure I saw FOV slider in the game settings while testing a campaign level. I’ll admit I didn’t try to change it, so maybe it has no effect for singleplayer.

I’m on a new graphics card and drivers and still get the sporadic artifacts (some maps not as bad as others), but it looks good otherwise and I am still enjoying my time playing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!