VorpX Mouse pointer in “War on the Sea”

Homepage Forums Technical Support VorpX Mouse pointer in “War on the Sea”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gapper4
    Participant

Sorry for the double post but I can’t figure out how to send a previous post to the right forum :( Anyway, I’m playing War on the Sea. It’s an unsupported naval warfare game that looks GREAT with VorpX but the only problem is that the game mouse pointer is context-sensitive and thus important for gameplay. Is there any way to disable the VorpX pointer and get the game pointer back ? I know it will probably not be at the right depth but it’s still more useful to me than the VorpX pointer. Cheers !

Ralf
    Keymaster

It‘s not about the cursor having the wrong depth. The vorpX cursor only appears if a game uses a so called ‚hardware cursor‘ that is not part of the game rendering, but gets superimposed later by Windows. The actual alternatives if a game uses a hardware cursor are: vorpX cursor or no cursor at all in the headset.

gapper4
    Participant

Ok Ralf, thanks for the answer.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a little heads-up that the next vorpX version will have the ability to show the actual cursor icon of hardware cursors in the headset instead of using the vorpX cursor.

That was actually something I had on my nice-to-have list for ages, so thanks for the incentive to finally look into it.

gapper4
    Participant

Thanks Ralf ! You know, I bought VorpX years ago, as soon as it became available for sale. I have to admit that I wasn’t terribly impressed then. But over the years, the vast improvements you have made have resulted in me NOT buying non-native VR games if they don’t work in VorpX. It has become central to my gaming life. The latest examples are this game, War on the Sea, but also Victory at Sea: Pacific, Atlantic Fleet, Celestial Command, Valheim, Bomber Crew, and Astrox Imperium. None of these are officially supported but they all work great with VorpX. Anyway, a big thank you for creating this piece of software and keep up the great work !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!