VorpX non-functional

Homepage Forums Technical Support VorpX non-functional

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    criz
    Participant

Hi guys,

first of, I have followed all hints at basic trouble shooting, spent hours trying to resolve this issue by searching the web. Unsuccessful so far.

I can not get VorpX to work with any game on my system at all.

iMac running Windows 8.1 pro with up to date Bootcamp drivers
    Oculus Rift DK2, runtime 0.6
    VorpX beta1
    NVIDIA Driver Version 355.83
    Clean Windows 8.1 installation

Oculus config set to extend mode. Selected DK2 as primary display in system settings. Also tried assigning different hotkeys.

The Rift is always acting as a 2D monitor. VorpX does not inject at all, when I am pressing the corresponding hotkey.

Oculus desk demo running well, so is Quake for Rift. Appreciate your help.

Thanks
    Christian

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please try to go back to an earlier nVidia driver. 355.83 was released specifically for the Oculus runtime 0.7. Runtime 0.6 will not function correctly with it.

Any nVidia driver from before the 0.7 release should be fine, but to be sure you have a working one try 352.86, which was the last one before runtime 0.7 that was used here.

BTW: An vorpX version with runtime 0.7 support will be released later this month.

criz
    Participant

Now running NVIDIA drivers 352.86 with Oculus runtime v0.6. Performed a clean install, which supposedly replaced the new NVIDIA drivers with these.

I am now getting a flickering white image on the Rift when starting games (Lotro, CS GO). This is reproducible.
    No success. Half Life 2 still running in regular (non 3D mode) on rift.

Same with drivers 332.28. Any thoughts?

Thanks

criz
    Participant

Is anyone reading this???

No replies from support, no call back on the phone, no refund? This is hugely disappointing!

BuckleBean
    Participant

Have you tried oculus runtime version 0.5.0.1? This has been the most stable for me. 0.6 gave me trouble, too.

criz
    Participant

Thanks for the reply BuckleBean.

No, I have not yet tried 0.5.0.1 runtime yet. I was under the impression 0.6.x would work as well.

“vorpX 0.9 will be made available later this month” – this is supposed to be compatible with 0.7 – any update when this will be available?

BuckleBean
    Participant

0.7 was delayed to mid-october: https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/vorpx-0-9-slight-delay/

Yeah, 0.6 works for a lot of people, but me & others had some trouble. Problem is right now, you need to find the right combination of Windows + gfx drivers + runtime. Running windows on a Mac with bootcamp could also introduce compatibility issues. Tough to say.

jtwxlii
    Participant

I’m using the same hardware setup as the OP although I am using the most updated Nvidia drivers (358.50) and Vorpx cannot find the Rift when I try to configure it. I’ve tried DK2 runtimes 0501, 06 and 07. The demo scenes all work fine and many of the demos from Oculus share do as well, but Vorpx simply cannot find the Oculus. No reply yet from support. Anyone have helpful ideas?

criz
    Participant

Pretty much the same here. Tested 0.6 runtime, no success. 40 bucks wasted, no support, no refund, nobody picks up the phone. This is unprofessional.

Unsatisfied customer, but nobody really seems to care. I have sold my Oculus again.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ jtwxlii: Additionally to using the Oculus runtime 0.5/0.6, you may have to go back to an earlier version of your nVidia driver from before the 0.7 Oculus runtime release. For example 352.86. This was the official driver from the time vorpX 0.81 was built, so it’s the safe bet.

To be extra sure, please uninstall Oculus runtime and driver you are using now before installing 352.86.

vorpX 0.9 with Oculus runtime 0.7 support will be released next week.

Karlor
    Participant

@criz, you followed all the directions, you know except for using a MAC…. there’s your problem guy… oculus has a sketchy time working on systems its made for and your dumb enough to think its going to work just fine lol its good you sold your dk2, you would just hurt yourself.

jtwxlii
    Participant

Finally got it working. Had to uninstall everything. Unplug all of the DK2. Reinstall 0501. Then plug in the DK2. Then Vorpx. All is working now. Setting up Skyrim to be playable a bit more challenging but progress is being made.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!