VorpX on Quest with Virtual Desktop (controller support)

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion VorpX on Quest with Virtual Desktop (controller support)

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    angelayla
    Participant

Hi! I’m not sure if what I have understood is correct. Are you talking about using VR controls with Vorpx as in native VR games? that is, can I use my VR controller to aim at in a shooter? Thanks!

J0hnnieW4lker
    Participant

I tried this today and I cant get vorpx to work with virtual desktop, anything needs to change?

ok, just figured it out… i had to change the settings on vorpx to steamvr headset mode

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a heads-up that vorpX works natively with Oculus Link, which has less latency compared to wireless streaming. If you don’t mind the cable, no additional software is required to use vorpX with a Quest.

All you need is an Oculus Link capable USB 3 cable. The charging cable that comes with the Quest isn’t unfortunately, but most $10+ USB 3 cables should meet the requirements. Alternativly Oculus offers a custom fiber optics cable as accessory, which has a few advantages but is more expensive.

Vorath
    Participant

ok new to PC, VR on PC, and Vorpx. Been a console gamer forever and Mac user previously.

New PC and Oculus Quest.

I would like to run first person games where the controller aims, not my head. Is this possible? What all do I need?

Also what does “Sideloading” mean?

metacolin
    Participant

It works for me out of the box.
    Just run Virtual Desktop and run SteamVR from there.
    Start Vorpx.
    Run the game.
    It should come up on your Oculus Quest

Hey could you go into this in more detail?

Like very explicitly what you did? I can only get VorpX working with my Quest via Link, but I’d much rather use virtual desktop.

My trouble is when I follow your procedure, I just get a warning about no rift being detected and then the game runs in 2d while steam vr runs separately….

Ralf
    Keymaster

Haven’t tried myself, so take this advice with a grain of salt, but if VD is using SteamVR, you probably will also have to set vorpX to SteamVR in the config app.

lipplog
    Participant

Haven’t tried myself, so take this advice with a grain of salt, but if VD is using SteamVR, you probably will also have to set vorpX to SteamVR in the config app.

PIN THIS COMMENT! After installing the Virtual Desktop VR patch from the side quest browser, I switched my vorpx configuration from Quest to SteamVR, and no more error message saying no Ocukus could be found. Thanks Ralf!

ahextall
    Participant

hi can u explain how it works ? really strugglinh with Virtial desktop and only works with oculus if i play the games natively from the PC cheers Adam

Ralf
    Keymaster

You have to run vorpX in SteamVR mode to use it together with Virtual Desktop. VD only supports SteamVR for PCVR-Streaming, not the native Oculus runtime.

You can switch vorpX to SteamVR in the config app on the ‘General’ page.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!