VorpX – Screen in DK2 Sideways

Homepage Forums Technical Support VorpX – Screen in DK2 Sideways

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Mythiasis
    Participant

So I finally get a program to draw on the Oculus DK2 (Batman Arkham Aslyum), but it appears sideways with one eye view on top of the other instead of side by side and the display oriented on its side as well. The VorpX overlay is there and everything, the game is just not displaying right in the DK2.

So how do I get it to draw correctly?

The same configuration with Skyrim just continually throws a Failed to render error and the game won’t even start.

Mythiasis
    Participant

Looks like I can get The Forest to run also, but it is displaying rotated as well.

Mythiasis
    Participant

By rotating the screen in the Nvidia console I get it to look somewhat right in The Forest; just need to tweak some things probably, but it is somewhat playable.

Also, after doing so, Skyrim will actually render; however it gives me an odd view as both eyes show a view looking directly up and directly down simultaneously. Moving and looking around will not change the view. And some input seems to be constantly keeping the mouse centered when I try to change settings for VorpX.

Progress, but still a ways to go.

Mythiasis
    Participant

Ok, flickering, mouse control and view problem was the 360 controller. Unplugged it and everything was normal. I was able to change fov to 120 and it looked much better. Somewhat playable now.

Now, however, ingame the VorpX menu just flickers then goes away making looking around menus impossible.

I need to try and configure keyboard bindings now to see if I can get Skyrim playable.

Mythiasis
    Participant

Ok, moving around and doing things and now I am noticing it is not in 3D. I am getting the same image on both sides.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sounds like some basic configuration isn’t right. Did you go through the DK2 setup guide in the documentation? In case of issues please use the most compatible setting mentioned there (DK2 as primary display, “Use system settings” display wise in vorpX,details are in the guide).

Please follow the guide completely. Every step is important.

Mythiasis
    Participant

Trying some more troubleshooting today.

Everything setup per VorpX DK2 instructions. Skyrim will not run while screen is in Portrait mode, only in Landscape (flipped). The 3D rendering is working though.

It appears my only issues now are:

VorpX menu will not come up after using it more than once.
    Need to get 360 controller to work. Not sure if it is a conflict with the DK2 kit or VorpX.

Mythiasis
    Participant

I see the orientation is a Win 8.1 issue, so that answers that.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The controller should be usable if you DISABLE it in the game options. vorpX has a built in gamepad emulation. It takes over when the gamepad is disabled in the game. This is necessary since Bethesda games disable vorpX’s head tracking when the game’s nornal gamepad function is used.

Not sure about your menu issue unfortunately. Nothing I can recommend apart from pressing the [DEL] only briefly. Longer presses may not get registered correctly. Maybe that is your issue.

Mythiasis
    Participant

Ah, good to know Raif. However, after making sure it was on a different internal USB controller, it is working fine now.

Plays much nicer and feels more fluid.

I will keep checking on the VorpX menu, but things are looking nice and smooth now.

Mythiasis
    Participant

Well, that lasted about a minute. Skyrim crashed and on restarting I am back to controller conflict issues. I was able to disable the 360 controller in game and save it. Then restarted.

Even with VorpX taking over for the controller it and headtracking are fighting for control.

Doing a reboot of everything to start fresh.

Mythiasis
    Participant

Looks like I am just going to have to spend some time configuring the controller through VorpX. That appears to be the only stable setting for the controller currently.

progsper
    Participant

If things are turned sideways it is probably because you did not turn the screen.

Usint the Occulus I follow the steps below (Shortly described)

1. (Oculus Config) Use Extended mode
    2. (ControlPanel) Switch the Occulus rift to be on left side (Screen 1/2)
    3. Set it to Landscape/Portrait so text is right way in Occulus.
    (Test by dragging the config window while looking into the occulus.
    If screen window is right way… Then OK.) If not correct, the Occulus
    will show everything the wrong way!!!

4. Configure VorpX to use Occulus rift dk 2 as screen.
    5. Configure game / Application to fullscreen!!!
    6. Set the resolution to same as Occulus (1080P)
    7. Try running the game / App… Should work now….
    Degree of good experiance depends on the support for the game…

To alter the parameters of VorpX in game, press the DEL button

Hope this helps…

:)

ben1988
    Participant

THE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM IS TO MAKE OCCULUS MAIN MONITOR AND USE THE POWER BUTTON TO TURN ON THE OCULUS

this makes it possible to use the main monitor for everything but running oculus simulations

you do this by connecting oculus into the main hdmi port and use your monitor in the VGA port

the reason it is sideways is because oculus is turning 1900×1020 into 1080×1900 and that i cant explain, but someone wiser then me might find this interesting.

meinsla
    Participant

Those steps are impossible because you can’t doing anything in the oculus side of the screen because it is rotated. Any other ideas?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!