Vorpx Version 19.1 issue- FNV

Homepage Forums Technical Support Vorpx Version 19.1 issue- FNV

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    STREET_BLAZER
    Participant

My issue pertains to Fallout New Vegas

After the application force-updated “VorpControl” this morning to version from 18.3.2 to 19.1, I started experiencing an issue with the pipboy FOV in fallout while using edge peek.

Since updating, the game no longer takes my manual .ini fov edits into account while in edgepeek mode. Instead it causes the pip boy to appear much further away, making text difficult to read.

I’ve also noticed an increase in a certain visual glitch where vertical white lines randomly appear on the right-side edge of the screen, just within my peripheral vision.

-Ralf, if you can provide me with a roll back of the previous version of Vorpx, I would appreciate it, seeing as how it was working fine before.

Ralf
    Keymaster

FOV is handled by DirectVR in Fallout NV. If you had to tweak manually in the .ini before, DirectVR was not working correctly.

You can adjust the the weapon/pipboy FOV independently from the wold FOV in the vorpX menu. Do not touch the world FOV though, it is precisely calculated and 100% correct.

STREET_BLAZER
    Participant

I understand what you’re saying, but I assure you this isn’t a matter of user error.

After some trouble shooting with the .ini settings, I’ve found that when the pipboy FOV (a separate setting from WORLD FOV) is placed at any value above 53 Vorpx automatically sets it to the settings mentioned in my last post. However, if set at 53 or below, vorpx still registers the .ini settings and the pip boy displays appropriately as was the case in 18.3.2.

I’ve found 70 to be an optimal value in the past while using edgepeek in VR.

As I already mentioned, this was not an issue before the latest update. In it’s current state, this issue has rendered the pipboy difficult to read, perhaps even impossible for some.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If any .ini edits you made had an effect before, DirectVR was not working as it should have. You will want to use DirectVR with this game as it also provides far superior head tracking.

You can adjust the the weapon/pipboy FOV independently from the world FOV in the vorpX menu if you think that makes sense.

STREET_BLAZER
    Participant

Is there any way I can roll back to 18.3.2?

Everything was literally working fine before!

Ralf
    Keymaster

No, there isn’t, sorry. I cannot provide support for multipe versions. If you had to adjust the FOV in an .ini file before, nothing worked fine. FOV is handled by DirectVR for years. You can adjust the the weapon FOV independently from the world FOV in the vorpX menu if you think that makes sense.

STREET_BLAZER
    Participant

In order for me to be able to view the pipboy in a usable manner as before, the player fov adjustment needs to be at -15 roughly, a number that is disproportionately low. At this value, weapon FOV suffers tremendously.

I appreciate that you are trying to help, but disabling direct VR or manually adjusting the FOV every time I cycle in and out of the pipboy are not viable solutions.

Wouldn’t the fact that FOV is modified by any value of 53 or below indicate DirectVR is not working properly with the current version anyways?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Since DirectVR apparently didn’t work for you before, disabling it brings you back to exactly the state you had before. Not sure why you want that, but of course you can do it.

Again: FOV has always been handled by DirectVR. If you could change it in an .ini before, nothing was working fine. In fact everything was broken in that case. You can however go back to that broken state by disabling DirectVR if you prefer that.

STREET_BLAZER
    Participant

Ok, after trying something new I’ve found a solution. but before I get into that- what about the white lines I’d mentioned? Is that problem intrinsic to vorpx itself regardless of whatever game you’re using it with? Or is there something that can make this issue more prevalent?

Anyways…

Yes, while the FOV discrepancy in edgePeek still remains, the “distance” issue I was having while bringing up the pipboy was exacerbated by another setting that adjusts edgePeek scale. Setting it larger brings the image “closer” and vice versa.

While edgePeek has its uses (Using it in conjunction w/ the pipboy has been recommended numerous times on these forums), after doing some testing I’ve found the disable/ enable stereo 3D setting to be much more effective at eliminating the “double screen” issue while also mitigating any FOV issues like I was having. This setting can be configured via the Vorpx Config application

To accomplish this, simply bind the corresponding hot-key to your pipboy button (button re-mapping software is required for controllers).

Ralf
    Keymaster

No white lines here in a brief test. There weren’t many changes to D3D9 all in this update, actually just some device reset related fixes that certainly can’t create white lines. So your issue might just be a coincidence. Please try without mods if you are using any now.

I’ll check a bit more thorough next week to be sure.

STREET_BLAZER
    Participant

Yeah it’s a bit tricky. Sometimes it won’t appear at all, but when it does the lines are easily visible while quickly rotating your head side to side. If it’s of any relevance, I’m using the oculus rift.

Anyways, thanks Ralf; I don’t mean to bust your balls.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!