VorpX with OpenTrack

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion VorpX with OpenTrack

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    CodeSlinger
    Participant

I’ll start off by saying thank you for the update. I’ve been impatiently waiting for it for a while now :)

Since the new update(s) of the Oculus Runtime, extended mode has been phased out, and it seems that it has broken OpenTrack.

I have been using it to get Arma 3 positional tracking working well. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to get this working again?

terrydew
    Participant

I have the same problem. Is there an opentrack forum anywhere? I have not fount?

LordXedis
    Participant

I have the same problem with Star Citizen, OpenTrack no longer works.

rodders790
    Participant

i was hoping to get this working with xplane 10. inst there any alternative trackir programs that recognize the rift?

LordXedis
    Participant

Opentrack has a new version out that is compatible with Oculus sdk 0.8. Works great.

smokedog
    Participant

@code slinger ARMA3 refuses to show on the rift for me just shows the mouse pointer what you doing to get it to show cheers

CodeSlinger
    Participant

Playing Arma 3 with the new release of opentrack is awesome.

@smokedog
    : make sure you are using the 0.8 runtime and have the latest nvidia gameworks driver. Also, when you have the Arma 3 launcher open, you need to disable Battleye. It would not run unless I did that.

smokedog
    Participant

Hi code slinger cheers for the reply on 0.7 runtime no matter what I tried a2\a3 would not open due to battleye, even after I uninstalled it still it stopped on the config loading, I am on runtime 0.8 and now arma3 starts and bypasses battleye but the screen is black arma2\oa work fine having a blast with the oculus opentrack a delta six and kinect for body movment no more keyboards but been waiting for ages to get working on Arma3 to test my terrains out in 3D wanted to see JBAD and Sangin in all it’s 3D beauty.

CodeSlinger
    Participant

@smokedog: There’s no need to uninstall anything. In the Arma 3 launcher there’s an option to disable battleye. I can’t remember if it’s under options, start-up parameters, or advanced, but it’s just a check box.

CodeSlinger
    Participant

Some follow-up:
    Why aren’t you using 0.8 runtime?
    It always takes a while for me to see anything in the rift. Are you waiting long enough, or is it crashing?
    Have you alt-tabbed out and back in? Sometimes this helps it hook.

smokedog
    Participant

I am using O.8, I was just saying O.7 would not open at all now I am on O.8 it starts arma3 now but just has a black display I only see the mouse pointer, when played on the monitor it is fine I have also used a non bi launcher and linked the non battleye.exe to it bypassing the bi crap.

rodders790
    Participant

@smokedog im having the same issue with battle eye, it fails to load a dll but i dont know if it has anything to do with the game not loading on oculus.

@codeslinger
    would`nt disabling battle eye be a bad idea eg. hackers and cheats.

CodeSlinger
    Participant

@smokedog: I dont think you can bypass the launcher. I believe Vorpx wont hook unless you use it, and it’s installed in the default directory. Ralf may be able to corroborate this.

@Rodders: Vorpx uses injection dlls that are indistinguishable from hacks/cheats, so battleye will automatically kick you from servers that have it enabled. You can use the filter to isolate non-battleye servers, and play those ones only. The tradeoff is cheaters possibly playing in them as well.

gagagu
    Participant

I’ve tested ARMA3 with VorpX 0.9 beta, Oculus runtime 0.8 and the newest Opentrack version. I have some issues in game when i will roll my head. Everything is getting skewed on roll my head in unnormal way. I guess it caused on the newest opentrack version but i really don’t know.
    The problem ist when i will sit in a helicopter and rotate my head to the right and then move the head up then the head will move backwards and up (not only up). I think its a gimal lock problem but i don’t really know.
    Any ideas what i’m doing wrong?

Thx forward

rodders790
    Participant

@codeSlinger thanks for the info, i can cope with cheaters seen as though i play arma for the experience rather than being competitive.
    i have played arma on earlier versions of vorpx with battle eye turned on and i never got kicked from servers. maybe i just got lucky.

the dll that is getting blocked is called “lamqvobam\unitax.dll” is this the dll from vorpx? i have googled for information but i cant find anything.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!