Vulkan?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    dtdman420
    Participant

I know Vulkan is not currently supported, Are you thinking of adding support?

I would love to be able to play X4 Foundations and doom eternal among others.

guillerodriguezv
    Participant

Agreed, VORPX needs to evolve, Dx 12 and Vulkan games are growing.

dtdman420
    Participant

Is it even technically possible?

It can’t be easy peasy to add in a new api

steph12
    Participant

i’m not a dev, but i’m pretty sure Ralf will eventually add vulkan support in the future, now the question is, how far in the future.

maybe i’m totally wrong tho -.-

skynet24x
    Participant

I support the question

Dave
    Participant

For each api, it is a full time job for a single dev for about one year

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

this needs to be added because Star Wars Squadrons SUCKS BALLS

matteo39
    Participant

is vulkan supported, now?

there is a mod for vulkan, for the last of us pc

ToxicMike
    Participant

Whenever i am trying to play a vulkan-game with vorpX´s virtual desktop, it just doesn´t work cause whenever i click the game-tab, it instantly throws me back to the desktop! Also playing the game in windowed-mode can be pretty troublesome.

Now I am currently playing WOLFENSTEIN: THE OLD BLOOD and RAINBOW SIX: EXTRACTION (both running on vulkan) with bigscreen-beta and while it usually struggles with too many graphic intense games (the lower your hardware-specs, the more it struggles), it actually handles those two titles very well, to my surprise!

Still can´t believe such an AAA app as vorpX can´t handle vulkan based games as flawless as this “crappy” free app. :(

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try the vorpX beta, the desktop viewer has been rewritten entirely and should now also work with most (but not necessarily all!) fullscreen games. Also comes with a virtual monitor that handles resolutions higher than your PC normally can handle automatically.

Please also keep in mind that the desktop viewer is a free convenience app that you get on top of vorpX. It’s not vorpX’s main focus. Thanks for your understanding.

ToxicMike
    Participant

RALF IS BACK!!! Well thank god everything went well and you´re also done with any kind of possible post-surgery complications for the next years hopefully!

Try the vorpX beta, the desktop viewer has been rewritten entirely and should now also work with most (but not necessarily all!) fullscreen games. Also comes with a virtual monitor that handles resolutions higher than your PC normally can handle automatically.

That´s great to hear! Thanks very much!

Please also keep in mind that the desktop viewer is a free convenience app that you get on top of vorpX. It’s not vorpX’s main focus. Thanks for your understanding.

Of course i understand, i am also well aware that the majority of vorpX users are probably just up for full-vr/3D supported games and don´t bother with virtual-desktop-games at all, but i do, in fact i see the full-vr/3D support more like a nice bonus, since playing games on huge theater screens is already doing it for me. Also, vorpX´s desktop-viewer is generally doing a far better job with games (especially brandnew AAA games with better graphics) than those free apps like bigscreen-beta, thats´s why i was kinda shockingly surprised to see those two titles working better with it than with vorpX.

TheBalt
    Participant

Go to my thread here if you want to get Doom/Eternal/Wolfenstein etc to work with Vorpx Desktop Viewer, you just need to enable Reshade. You will have head tracking, but not depth – Basically, you can use your head and controller in Tandem to target and for movement direction, etc.

Other apps and the Nvidia3dVision trick didnt include headtracking for me.

I didnt have to downgrade any of my graphics options, was still running it about 1440p maxed out except raytracing

How to get games like Doom Eternal into 3d in your headset w/ Vorpx

ToxicMike
    Participant

Go to my thread here if you want to get Doom/Eternal/Wolfenstein etc to work with Vorpx Desktop Viewer, you just need to enable Reshade. You will have head tracking, but not depth – Basically, you can use your head and controller in Tandem to target and for movement direction, etc.

Other apps and the Nvidia3dVision trick didnt include headtracking for me.

I didnt have to downgrade any of my graphics options, was still running it about 1440p maxed out except raytracing

How to get games like Doom Eternal into 3d in your headset w/ Vorpx

https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/how-to-get-games-like-doom-eternal-into-3d-in-your-headset-w-vorpx/embed/#?secret=oMA3smEHx5#?secret=ZELeHSmQYD

Thanks for this info, even if the new version of vorpX´s desktop-viewer is doing a better job after its updates. You never now what complications could be caused with certain hardware specs, so every info regarding optional workarounds, is welcome!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!