we want more gesture!!!

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion we want more gesture!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    luka2099
    Participant

Well, I find the new gesture function really cool. Is it possible to program new ones? can they be customized? I give an example. flick both controllers up to jump!

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s a good one, will definetely make into the final release of the next update. If you have more suggestions, let me know any time. Can’t promise that every suggestion can be implemented, but I’m more than happy to implement as much as possible.

Customization/recording *may* come later. Currently the gestures are coded, which has a bunch of advantages. Recordable custom gestures in that sense would ‘just’ be another gesture type, so that’s definitely possible in the long run.

luka2099
    Participant

then I suggest 2 more.
    one could be , a temple height controller, for night vision, spectral vision , binoculars. they are present in many games (like the gesture to activate the viewer on no men sky, if you know the game)

then you could simulate running by swinging your arms as if you were running in reality, as happens in the game L.A. noir . in this regard, another suggestion would be the possibility of being able to associate a combination of two keys to the gesture, for example the w+shift key for running!

Ender772
    Participant

gestures? i didnt see anything about gestures

Ralf
    Keymaster
    VRified Games
    Participant

In dead space (working on a first person vr adaptation using cheat engine and vorpx)

There are two fireing modes for weapons

The animation has the gunbarrel flip,90 degrees

Could i get a gesture where if im holding the controller at straight and flip it 90。to the left, it triggers the toggle to alt fire?

Would be cool

Also

Plus one for arm swing locomotion, with a treshold to trigger sprinting

Would be…..awesommmmmmeeeee

Smoils
    Participant

I really like head tilt strafe natural locomotion has, feels very natural.

So my suggestion is: add HMD gestures, like A/D strafing if you use movement thumbstick while head is tilted at certain angle.

VRified Games
    Participant

VRified Games
    Participant

Ralf my friend,

Have you thought about support for trackers?

Some games like bulletstorm, dead island etc have a kick melee animation

Having movement detected from an ankle worn tracker to trigger the kick would be something else

Ralf
    Keymaster

That would be really nice, but looking at my work schedule I realistically have to say: unlikely for the time being. :( May come at some point, but currently I have to prioritize other things.

VRified Games
    Participant

Ofcourse 😊

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!