What are the profiles based on OpenGL?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion What are the profiles based on OpenGL?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    duke54
    Participant

What are the profiles based on OpenGL?

I want to make a profile for Transport Fever2 (2019) which uses OpenGL. I used the Kerbal Space Program profile (which is based on OpenGL) but the 3D effect only works when the player camera is moving/rotating laterally (sideways).

I would like to experiment with other profiles.

duke54
    Participant

I found that No Man’s Sky uses OpenGl

duke54
    Participant

Also found this explanation
    Ralf wrote:
    There is however an explanation why some may experience an existing user profile as (partially) 3D. The first version of vorpX’s OpenGL render path used alternate frame rendering, which means the left and right eye are rendered at different points in time: left at frame 1, right at frame 2, left at frame 3, right at frame 4, and so on. Given these circumstances moving sideways (strafing) happens to have a similar effect as rendering two images for stereo 3D although vorpX doesn’t create any stereo 3D at all. Moving forward/backward doesn’t produce correct stereo 3D, but apparently some still experience what they see as 3D. My personal guess is that maybe their brains somehow try to make sense of the (garbage) input. I’d consider it way more likely though that you will experience anything else than strafing as weird and unpleasent, so try at your own risk.

Has G3d ever worked in DOOM 2016? Cause it certainty doesnt any more.

CrunchyGlass
    Participant

You can get sort the opengl profiles/games from rjkole’s site: https://www.rjkole.com/gamestuff/engines/index.php?selengine=opengl

RJK_
    Participant

VorpX supports only older versions of OpenGl until around 2005, at this time OpenGl 3 and higher is definately not supported yet. Perhaps some early 2.0 is, but i am not shure. Some games falsely indicate their specs sometimes too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!