When will Total War series get supported

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion When will Total War series get supported

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    fable09
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Last year I used Tridef 3D on Rome 2 and Warhammer 2 with Bigscreen Beta and the results was fantastic, battles looks so real in 3D VR, only downside was stuttering and fps only 5-10

I got my new PC and Tridef went out of business, hence I cant activate the software on my new PC.

Vorpx is great, so far i enjoy Witchcher 3 a lots with smooth fps

I’m wondering will the developers support Total War series ? With almost 20 years and numerous tittles, if Vorpx can support true 3D Geometry for Total War games there will be more people buy the software

Currently I can run Warhammer 2 but it’s not 3D , more like Bigscreen Theatre mode and it cant run Three Kingdoms at all

Please help if you know the solutions for this !

Thanks

dellrifter22
    Participant

I had luck getting Empire and Napoleon to work in G3D using a unity profile. I only had to fix a few shadow and HUD layers and everything looked great. You can download those profiles from the vorpX cloud. See post here

From what I understand, all Total War games since Empire have the same base TW3 engine, so it might be worth a shot to clone one of these profiles and see what happens in Warhammer 2. if 3D does work, it still might need some extra shader tweaks. If so, a quick run with the shader authoring tool might be enough. First see if the Napoleon profile even works at all, then we can go from there.

I see someone has a Rome 2 profile on the cloud, but I can’t vouch for 3D or not. Can always give it a try.

dellrifter22
    Participant

And make sure to run in dx11, not 12.

fable09
    Participant

when you said Unity is this Assassin Creed Unity ?

in that case there are two, Vorpx and eddie which one should I get for the Total War games ?

Thanks,

fable09
    Participant

nvm i found it, need to search for Total War ^^

I tried Total War Empire Pi4K profile for Warhammer it didnt work , only show cinema no 3DGeometry

I have Acer MixedVR headset

you have any suggestions ?

fable09
    Participant

i got Warhammer 2 work with Total War Attila profile now ( restart PC, close steam run Vorpx first and keep Windows Mix Reality app open )

it doesnt show any 3D eventhough I select Geometry3D

For Total War Empire Pi4K profile I got the msg Vorpx take too long to attach and may hang

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/442899868864741388/585679427220799490/unknown.png

You know any profile works on the list ? There are so many of them

dellrifter22
    Participant

Hmm sorry, figured it was worth a try. I don’t have those TW games to try. Do they have demos?

Still a chance that some other game profile could work, but sometimes takes lots of trial and error, and no guarantee.

fable09
    Participant

i got TW Three Kingdoms works using Mordhau profile

Under Znormal Zadaptive and Geometry the graphics was slightly different but 3D effects were not noticeable at all

If you have time please using Mordhau on Total War games and give some recommendations

edo
    Participant

I agree it would be great if whatever Tridef did could be incorporated into Vorpx. It seemed to work and give solid stereo 3d on many of the total war type of games. Ultimate Generals, Order of battle all worked pretty well with Tridef (but not Vorpx) although some required using their power 3d which is essentially Zadaptive, i think.

Anyway with Tridef gone and NVIDIA ending stereo support with new driver releases it would be a blessing if Vorpx could step in to the void.

I haven’t tried Three Kingdoms yet with Vorpx but if that could produce good stereo 3d it could open up a whole new set of customers to Vorpx. Three Kingdoms is apparently a blockbuster in China and China also happens to be the one area of the globe that is hooked on stereo 3d movies at least. So, might be an opportunity as well as a save for many Ex-nvidia and tridef customers like me who cant stand playing anything without 3d stereo

edo
    Participant

Ok i tried the Napoleon profile with both War-hammer and Three Kingdoms and as fable09 said they would not hook. Haven’t tried others but will if I get the time.

By the way delrifter 22, I tried your Napoleon Total War profile on Napolean Total War and it is works well and is amazing. Especially with the Darthmod mods where you get 10,000 or so troops battling it out in the smoke and fire while sitting in the middle of it in VR. If only we could make that work for Three Kingdoms.

fable09
    Participant

@edo – use Mordhau profile it should works but 3D effects will not show

I’m still wondering why Tridef3D can make Medieval 2, Rome 2, Warhammer works without too much config but Vorpx require so much effort and still not

edo
    Participant

Sorry Fable, I cant stand to play it without 3d. It works pretty well in Stereo compatibility mode on Nvidia Stereo (NO VR but atleast 3d) even though that requires staying on old Nvidia drivers for the foreseeable future.

I have been fighting the rise of stereo 3d followed by its death shortly after for 30 plus years now. Cant wait for the next cycle if I am around still.

fable09
    Participant

I was under the impression that Total War will support 3D VR back then by these two videos

It ‘s still amazing to watch them again eventhough , sadly it not gonna happen

To get an ideal how Tridef3D immage looks like for Warhammer 1, please see this video in VR

I really hope Vorpx could create true 3D like this for Warhammer in near future

dellrifter22
    Participant

It’s possible Empire and Napoleon are dx9, I can’t remember. If the New games are dx11 (?) that could explain why they wouldn’t hook at all.

If you haven’t already, it might be worth trying the “Unity 5 Base Profile” which I believe hooks dx11. Pretty sure I used a unity variant for Napoleon.

After that you could try profiles from other common engines to try your luck. Unreal 4, Cryengine 4, maybe even Assassins Creed Unity and Life is Strange: Before the Storm (these have surprised me a few times). Alien Isolation is another I would try, as it is listed as being loosely based off the same Warscape engine.

I probably tried some 15+ profiles before I got Napoleon working. You don’t always get lucky, but I’ve been surprised how often you can get at least Z3D to work.

edo
    Participant

Well Three kingdoms does play in stereo 3d on a monitor with nvidia stereo (as long as you don’t update to the newer drivers). The 3d has lots of issues but in compatibility mode its pretty clean but no really good 3d pop/ convergence.

And yes I think it is dx11. I may try some other profiles but not hopeful and the nvidia stereo is keeping me 3d satisfied for now.

There are some workarounds to get Tridef VR working, I think, even though the company has gone belly up and the software has self destructed with no on line licence renewal (even though we paid for it). Again a lot of trouble for something that used to work fine.

Would be nice if Vorpx picked up the slack but I guess Ralph has a lot of other things on his plate.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!