why quantum break has no profile?

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings why quantum break has no profile?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    GhostRider087
    Participant

Ok, i need to correct something, SBS only works with DirectX 11 Games,
    i forgot that i tested the Direct X9 Game: The Darkness 2 via Tridef 3D and i thought it was the 3DFixmanager.. my fault..

But yeah for Quantum Break and Metal Gear Solid, it works when you set
    3D display type to: 3D Vision Discover for VR
    and preferred 3D format to: Side by Side

Im looking further for a SBS Trick for DX9 Games.
    But i would recommend for some unsupported DX9 Games, that Tridef3D is a good solution at the moment, of course in Cinema Mode only, or with an FOV Fix and in Full VR Mode to get an “almost Full VR Mode with Headtracking without positional Tracking”.

For me, Vorpx is already the best Software for VR and you dont need much more.
    I use Nvidia 3D Vision just for Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain.
    For Quantum Break, Tridef 3D with an generic Profile does a very great Job and looks like Geometry 3D.
    And of course, with TriDef 3D you can get the most games (DX9 also) work in SBS.

It would be so great if it would be possible to convert the NVidia 3D Vision Metal Gear Profile to Vorpx.

matteo39
    Participant

please make a profile for quantum break

StakFallT
    Participant

But for games like Quantum Break and Metal Gear Solid The Phantom Pain and some more,
    the engine of these games are not Vorpx friendly, so we need to get the ā€œ3Dā€ from somewhere else like Nvidia 3D Vision or Tridef 3D.

See to me that doesn’t A LOT of sense. It makes me wonder what the devs of those games are actually really doing. Yes DX / D3D and OGL have evolved over the years, but the process is still pretty much the same as it has been (i.e. For D3D: Create a vertex / index buffer, lock the buffer, fill the buffer, unlock the buffer, then draw the buffer). I imagine it has gotten more complicated with things like geometry shaders, etc. but I’m sure other games are using those as well and they’re supported. So I can’t really imagine what specifically about a game can cause it to be THAT drastically different that would make it, at least, infeasible, to support.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!