Will Vorpx work with Varjo Aero?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Will Vorpx work with Varjo Aero?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    rift_un
    Participant

Just wondering this as i’ll be receiving an Aero soon, the Aero uses SteamVR so i assume Vorpx will work ok with it?

dellrifter22
    Participant

I would really like to know this as well. I’m thinking of ordering the aero myself.

If pimax and pitool work fine with vorpX, I’m hoping Varjo Base will work also. My only concern is the old reports of vive pro 2 software not playing nice with vorpX, but that may have changed I don’t know.

If you or anyone with an aero could post with a test, that would be great.

rift_un
    Participant

Will let you know no problem, i’m due to receive my headset by the end of this month so will post result then.

rustyshackleford
    Participant

check out these folks with their fancy HMDs

rift_un
    Participant

LOL i’m not rich! I bought it on a 0% balance transfer credit card! Will be paid back 100 a month for 20 months, no interest :~)

HalloMolli
    Participant

check out these folks with their fancy HMDs

*chuckles* I know right?!

HappyVorpxCustomer
    Participant

rift_un, what is your current headset? I’m just curious how big of a leap you are taking going up to the Aero.

rift_un
    Participant

^ i have a pimax 8kx right now and i like it but i expect the aero to be a step up in clarity (and a downgrade in fov). Tbh i just love all vr, the aero will be my 8th vr headset. I still have a quest 2 also.

rift_un
    Participant

Received my varjo yesterday and can confirm it works ok with vorpx.

dellrifter22
    Participant

That’s good news!

By “ok” do you mean everything works fine, as expected? Or have you noticed any minor problems when using it with vorpX?

I’m jealous :) … I want to try one of these. I think the unique FOV shape would be ideal for most vorpX fullVR games.

HappyVorpxCustomer
    Participant

Thank you for the update! Can you give any examples of games that you’ve played in Vorpx with the Aero that look way better than the Reverb G2? Are you able to use the foveated rendering with Vorpx? Do you notice you get higher frame rates? Any general positive reactions to the Aero that you can share so we can vicariously enjoy this experience with you?

brown66
    Participant

It would be also good to know your opinion about how it compares with the Pimax 8KX. The increased clarity justify the lower FOV? It works better with the Vorpx than the Pimax?

By the way, have you tried it with Skyrim LE + Vorpx?

rift_un
    Participant

It would be also good to know your opinion about how it compares with the Pimax 8KX. The increased clarity justify the lower FOV? It works better with the Vorpx than the Pimax?

By the way, have you tried it with Skyrim LE + Vorpx?

Even with a decreased fov the Aero’s display overall is more pleasing than the 8kx’s. It’s more clear its like your sight has been corrected. The Aero’s fov seems bigger than it is because the sweetspot is huge. But the 8kx, when u can run games on the Large fov setting with supersampling (which is not often unfortunately due to parallel projections), does remain impressive. For example I think I prefer Assetto Corsa on the 8kx with Large fov and supersampling enabled.

The Aero works ok in all the handful of games i play in vorpx. It probably gets a few fps more as no need for pp.

I’ve not tried Skyrim LE with Vorpx, do u recommend it? I own Skyrim VR so haven’t tried Skyrim games with Vorpx.

rift_un
    Participant

That’s good news!

By “ok” do you mean everything works fine, as expected? Or have you noticed any minor problems when using it with vorpX?

I’m jealous :) … I want to try one of these. I think the unique FOV shape would be ideal for most vorpX fullVR games.

Yeh everything works as expected. No problems. Lol at being jealous :) no doubt in the not too distant future the Aeros display will be equalled or even bettered in new upcoming hmd’s which won’t be $2k so most people will get to experience it.

Thank you for the update! Can you give any examples of games that you’ve played in Vorpx with the Aero that look way better than the Reverb G2? Are you able to use the foveated rendering with Vorpx? Do you notice you get higher frame rates? Any general positive reactions to the Aero that you can share so we can vicariously enjoy this experience with you?

The games i’ve been playing recently with Vorpx are the Fallout series, Alien Colonial Marines, the Metro series, Dying Light 2, the Stalker series of games. I wouldn’t say they look “way” better than a G2, the Aero is 4x the price of a G2 but its not 4x times better. But it is a definite and noticeable improvement in display quality.

My fave games in the Aero are the Fallout games, everything maxxed out like draw distance and Vorpx quality on Phenomenal, it looks great. You can see details, like npc’s, in the distance. You can make out details in things and u don’t need to be close up to do this.

brown66
    Participant

(…)

I’ve not tried Skyrim LE with Vorpx, do u recommend it? I own Skyrim VR so haven’t tried Skyrim games with Vorpx.

I’m glad to see that you can now see images in the distance very clearly in Fallout 4! This is one of my flaws with the HTC Vive Pro, especially because of the SDE.

And to answer to your question, no, you don’t need to play Skyrim with VorpX, if you already have Skyrim VR, unless you want to use some mods that are not available on the Skyrim 64 bits versions, which is my case. And besides, I play Skyrim with VorpX in the sitting position, with keyboard and mouse, because all I want is just to see a true 3D image.

However, if you have access on your Steam account to the original Skyrim LE, you can try, just to see how it is. There are some differences with several animations (like fighting, riding a horse, working at the forge or mining), but the “core image” is the same, maybe with a better scale in Skyrim VR, especially on outdoors environments.

I must say that, even with my old HTC Vive Pro, the image quality of Skyrim LE, with the lasted VorpX versions, is just stunning! That’s why I decided not wait any longer and I already order a Pimax 8KX!

I know that I will need to use the parallel projections with VorpX, to play Skyrim LE, so I’m guessing that, even with my current RTX 3090, I will return to the old days when I fell that my previous graphics card, an GTX 1080Ti, was not enough to show the full image quality potential from the HTC Vive Pro, which I fell that I only achieved after I got the current RTX 3090.

And so is life! We are always crying for a more powerful graphics card…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!