Witcher 3 support?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Witcher 3 support?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    peteostro
    Participant

Any plans to get witcher 3 working with vorpx?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Can’t promise anything before the game is out, but if possible it will be supported. Probably a good game for playing in Virtual Cinema Mode.

costersall
    Participant

Any update on support for the Witcher 3? There a cheat script that lets you walk around in first person mode and I would really love to try that with vorpX! :) The Witcher 3 just doesn’t seem to launch when I try it with vorpX currently.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Nothing new yet unfortunately. The game works fine in the menu, but when the actual game is started it tries to recreate its renderer multiple times with vorpX active and eventually crashes after doing this a few times. Sometimes even a few frames are displayed correctly before this happens. Very odd issue…

costersall
    Participant

Oh poo :( thanks for checking..

awesker78
    Participant

Hi, is Witcher 3 supported in virtual cinema mode? Thanks

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not with the current public build, but I successfully hunted down the issue that caused the odd behaviour described above. The game will work with the next vorpX version.

awesker78
    Participant

Great news! So does 3d in virtual cinema look similar to 3d vision? Thanks!

sucaj
    Participant

That is great news! Does “working” mean with Geometry 3D?

awesker78
    Participant

Has anyone tried witcher 3 yet? Is virtual cinema with z3d anything like 3d vision? Thanks in advance.

peteostro
    Participant

Ive played in virtual cinema mode with Z3D. Works pretty good. Not sure how it compares to 3d vision since I have never used it. But i do say playing a game in virtual cinema mode does give you the feeling of playing on a giant screen. Of course there are limitations of the DK2 screen that can sometimes make text hard to read. Usually you can move your head in toward that part of the virtual screen and text will look better. Also there is a slight screen door effect (SDE) that you get because of the DK2 Screen. Over all its a fun way to play games. Is it worth vorpX’s $40? not sure… Am I glad they added Virtual Cinema Mode, hell yes

Baktus
    Participant

Witcher 3 runs pretty well with vorpx also without cinema mode. brilliant qualtiy and 3 d, for me better than i fallout 4. only free camera is missing, or at least a camera zoom would be great. If no zoom is possible: Anybody knows how to set up a better fov in the ini files?

Vorpx 9 is best vorpx ever :)

passprogress
    Participant

I get the message witcher 3 is taking while to load… i hear the sound but nothing else. I have the patch 1.22 on witcher 3 and both vorpx and oculus runtime are up to date.

I5 4670K
    Evga GTX 980 TI reference
    16 gig ram 1600MHZ
    samsung evo 500Gig ssd
    XFX gold 750 watts PSU
    Windows 10 updates 1607

passprogress
    Participant

I made it work with windows 10 update(1607 build 14393.10). I notice that yet again no geometry 3D availble. Can we please have support for it ?

rtoast
    Participant

Could you describe how you got it to load? I’m stuck in the same boat with the sound coming through but stuck at the “witcher 3 is taking a while to load” screen.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!