wmr and openxr issues

Homepage Forums Technical Support wmr and openxr issues

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Griffon345
    Participant

I’m getting an error at launch:

OpenXR instance creation failed.

This is a sever error. Make sure that OpenXR is working correctly on your PC or switch to a different VR API in the voprX config app.

This is with or without ‘WMR developer preview runtime’ active.

vorpX will still start up but when I run any game, although I see the vorpX logo, my G2 headset display remains black. Tracking and audio work but no display.

Solidpoint
    Participant

I fixed my issue by reinstalling the latest Nvidia drivers as a clean new install (deleted all profiles and configs)

Minabe
    Participant

Best thing you can try is to reinstall everything, from vorpX to the WMR Portal to even Windows. I had that same error and reinstalling everything fixed it (with mixed, never reliable results) until reboot, ultimately i changed my WMR for a Quest 2 and everything worked perfectly out of the box and i couldn’t be happier, truly a world of difference and my recommendation for your case.

DirtyTec
    Participant

I fixed my issue by reinstalling the latest Nvidia drivers as a clean new install (deleted all profiles and configs)

Did you use display driver uninstaller? Or Windows uninstaller?

Minabe
    Participant

When installing Nvidia drivers you can just check the “Clean install” box

rich0550
    Participant

No problem here with WMR and HP Reverb G1, latest Nvidia studio drivers

jjensson
    Participant

No problem here with WMR and HP Reverb G1, latest Nvidia studio drivers

That’s good to hear. I ordered a Reverb G2v2 yesterday, because i’m fed up with Quest 2 and the whole wireless friction (cable link gets worse and worse, it seems they’ve abandonded it).

But what do you mean by “studio drivers”?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Every few months nVidia releases a driver that is more rigorously tested against professional graphics applications than the usual ‚Game Ready‘ releases. They call these ‚Studio‘ drivers. Don‘t quote me on that, but I‘m almost 100% certain that there is nothing special about these releases except from the additional testing.

The Reverb is a good choice with vorpX in mind BTW. The WMR OpenXR runtime is quite a bit better suited for vorpX‘s multithreaded rendering approach, i.e. you will experience less situations where the runtime drops the headset framerate to half with little or no reason compared to Oculus.

Borvath
    Participant

There is an important information about the future on WMR OpenXR runtime for the OpenGL games.
    WMR OpenXR runtime will support Vulkan and OpenGL in the future.
    “Hey, Matt from the OpenXR team at Microsoft here,
    The WMR OpenXR runtime currently has support for both DX11 and DX12, and it will have both OpenGL and Vulkan support by the end of the year. This will be for both 32-bit and 64-bit applications.
    Meanwhile you can use https://github.com/mbucchia/OpenXR-Vk-D3D12 as a stop-gap solution for both OpenGL and Vulkan (but 64-bit applications only).” (mbucchia-msft, 26.10.2022)

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!