World of Warcraft and UI rendering…

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion World of Warcraft and UI rendering…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    vorpxusername
    Participant

With mods like Console Port…

I think WoW could be very playable inside of VR, but when I tried it awhile back I noticed the UI layer wasn’t being rendered properly. Has this been fixed in recent versions of VorpX?

Ralf
    Keymaster

World of Warcraft will have full Geometry 3D support incl. HUD/UI handling with the next vorpX version. Was just finished a few days ago.

vorpxusername
    Participant

Great news!

Like I said, some of these recent mods have amazing potential. I really think WoW could be the killer app VR has been waiting for.

Thanks bud!

grumdark
    Participant

Thanks for this news, I’ve always wanted 3D geometry for this title, and also there are currently two or three interface/quest addons, quite clean interesting.

will it be necessary to activate dx9 to work with geometry or is it compatible with dx11 too?

Ralf
    Keymaster

D3D11 only. Gets activated automatically to avoid any potential confusion. IIRC it’s not even possible to select D3D9 anymore in the Blizzard launcher.

steph12
    Participant

man i’m going to cry this is too good to be true !!! just wow !

thank you so much Ralf, and bye my social life lol.

DevlinDarkside
    Participant

Anyone know when it will be available for download?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Definitely before the holiday season.

DevlinDarkside
    Participant

ok thanks Ralf

DevlinDarkside
    Participant

Btw how do the updates come? Does it download automatically when I start vorpx? Or do you send out emails to a new download link?

Everybody
    Participant

Automatic download, or at least a prompt that an update is available and the option to download and update. Very easy, I just can’t remember if updates are forced or not. That said usually Ralf adds a ton of good stuff and the updates are more than worth it!

Xain
    Participant

I have been waiting for this, coupled with Blizz finally caving and announcing legacy servers at Blizzcon.

DanGovier
    Participant

I’ve also been waiting for a decent WoW VR experience. If this is truly playable with a proper FoV etc I’m going to sell my kids and never leave the house again.

steph12
    Participant

I’m going to sell my kids and never leave the house again.

wise man :D

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great news, I’m hoping for Geometry 3D in WoW since the dawn of time VorpX. Sounds like a great game for the new interactive cinema mode.

One question: will there be a way to enable mouse look permanently? Normally one has to hold down the right mouse button to look around.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!