Wow with vorpx : Opinions

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Wow with vorpx : Opinions

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    gabe_b
    Participant

I played for a few weeks earlier on this year. I have no history with WoW before this asides from a brief stint on a private server in around 2008. Added a couple of modules – Mouselook Toggle and expanded character stats.

Played in G3D with mouse and keyboard, a bunch of rebinding. Was decent. Solo quested to the mid-twenties. Was a bit confused by it all, but that’s usually the case as a noob in an MMO. Playing in Theatre mode with Ambient surrounds and just the slightest bit of head tracking (0.03) for effect.
    Looked great, definitely seemed big. Riding the various forms of public transport was the shit.

Had a go at the Console Port gamepad thing but couldn’t get it going. Others have though. I was kind of bored of it by then. I have been playing a lot of ESO over the last couple of years and it all felt like a bit of a step backwards. Definitely works well though.

Everybody
    Participant

Just to throw in my 2 cents for anyone wanting to maximize immersion:

You can use macros with “@mouseover” to direct your spells without needing to select targets.

With this big tweak you can remove most or all of the interface. Using addons or Alt-Z. The biggest downside of using Alt-Z instead of addon is you have no clue how much HP the targets still have so you are more or less fighting for your life until they die or you do.

series6
    Participant

I use the addons below to make it work

1. WoW Mapper program to get the controller synced/

2. ConsolePort – https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/console-port
    (it changes the whole UI and camera)

3. Steam Controller (or an xbox controller)

4. Addon Dynamic Camera

Baktus
    Participant

i use 12 button mouse, ch throttle mapped and storyline mod.

since the fov mod is known the gameplay is absolut perfect with vorpx. Still unbelievable (not only looking great like before :))

Only difficult inis and pvp with ts i switch (in the moment) back to monitor.

I miss a mod to save all the grafic tweaks i do in wow everey time for this switch (resolution 1400/900, alsing off …, grafic down with gtx 960).

Anyway, if Ralf keeps the next updates wow supported i will play vorpx-wow for the next years (Its more than enough content for my taste).

The high quality Ralf reached with g3d vorpx causes that i stopped playing the most of my expensive vr games. For me, aaa games with Vorpx are much better then all aaa vr content in moment, like orbus vr or moss vr, or shooter like Vorpx doom 2016 compaired with doom vfr or arizona sunshine…

The thing i love to doing at most in the moment is to look every day if there is a 2 or 3 years old blockbuster to buy it for under 10 € or get it for free (like Assasin black flag) and play it in g3d with vorpx. Gaming cant be better and cheaper in this times thank you Ralf:)).

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!