z3d working for shadow of the tomb raider.

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings z3d working for shadow of the tomb raider.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    steph12
    Participant

hello,

using conan exile official vorpx profile, game works in Z3D.

btw, anyone knows how to get rid of the ghosting around characters when using Z3D ? it’s linked with near/far Z3D strenght, basically when set at minimum there is no ghosting, but when you set it higher there is ghosting, i have this ghosting in every Z3D games even the supported one, and it’s kinda distracting, that’s my only complaint, else it’s amazing !

steph12
    Participant

i mean near/far z3D depth weight not strength.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Thanks for the tip for Conan Exiles profile. Z3D seems to work well as intended.

The ghosting you describe is a normal artifact of Z3D unfortunately, as the images being reproduced have to guess how to fill in the gaps by mimicking the pixels around them. It’s faking 3D from flat image information.

This halo effect is only very noticeable for things very close to you, but otherwise it works quite well to give the world depth. You can decrease the focal distance setting as well as the weighting to minimize this effect, until you find a balance between 3D strength and acceptable halo. Some games fare better than others in this regard.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider also has native Side by Side 3D support if you’d rather play it in real G3D (without the ghost halos). There are a couple profiles on the cloud you can try. See here.

steph12
    Participant

thanks for the explanation and for the info about the profiles, will try them out later :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!