vorpX 20.2.0 is the second major update for 2020. This release mostly focuses on internal rewrites, large portions of vorpX’s internal rendering code have been rewritten to get rid of some legacy code and make vorpX future proof. There also have been a few smaller functional additions though. Full changelog below.
As always also several new profiles have been added and various existing profiles have been improved (or fixed if necessary, e.g. due to game updates).
If you don’t own vorpX yet, you can buy it here:
Supported headsets: Oculus Rift, Rift S, Quest (via Oculus Link), HTC Vive, Valve Index, Pimax, Windows Mixed Reality and other SteamVR compatible headsets.
If you already own vorpX, it should auto-update when you start vorpX Control next time. If it doesn’t for some reason, simply use the web installer that you received when you purchased vorpX. It will download the latest version available.
- D3D9/10/11: major, future proof rewrite of vorpX’s internal rendering code, mainly to get rid of a helper library that isn’t available for DX12 anymore.
- OpenGL: major G3D rewrite: less glitches, 30%-200% better performance. Still fixed function only!
- OpenGL: now works with ‘Generic 3D-Display’ and ‘Generic VR Headset’
- DirectVR: improved resolution calculation, more consistent between devices.
- DirectVR: new memory scanner apply method for extended game support.
- Config app: profile comments shown as tooltip in local profiles list if available.
- Game settings changed by vorpX are now automatically reset on uninstall and factory reset. Prior this had to be done manually per game as an extra step.
- OpenVR updated to latest release.
- DX9 font rendering could fail if initialized with an invalid render target size.
- OpenGL: changing a game’s resolution could cause a crash to desktop.
- DirectVR: memory scan FOV/head tracking was unintentionally applied for ‘Generic 3D-Display’.
- Ini values weren’t read/written correctly in conjunction with some localization methods (Dolphin)
- ImageZoom value was not reset when resetting a profile to default
- Config app: help texts were displayed too small on high DPI monitors.
- Various occasional/potential causes for crashes to desktop fixed.
New Game Profiles
- Halo: MCC CE Anniversary: G3D/Z3D, FullVR, 3D-HUD, DirectVR: tracking, FOV, resolution, tweaks
- Ori and the Will of the Whisps: G3D, Cinema Mode, 3D-HUD
- Resident Evil 3: G3D/Z3D, Immersive Screen Mode, 3D-HUD, DirectVR: tweaks
- Devil May Cry 5: G3D, 3D-HUD, Immersive Screen Mode, DirectVR: tweaks
- Darksiders III: G3D/Z3D, Immersive Screen Mode, 3D-HUD
- The Sims 4: G3D, Cinema Mode, 3D-HUD
- The Suicide of Rachel Foster: G3D/Z3D, Immersive Screen Mode, 3D-HUD
- Wolcen: G3D, Cinema Mode, 3D-HUD
- Dolphin Emulator: Cinema Mode, native SBS 3D, DirectVR: automated setup
Game Profile Changes/Fixes*
- World of WarCraft: Automatically setting the graphics API didn’t work anymore.
- World of WarCraft: G3D did not work anymore with WoW patch 8.3.
- Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed: pos tracking unlocked, some fixes
- Quake III: DirectVR FOV scan did not work anymore
- D2X-XL: default changed to immersive screen instead of cinema
- Elder Scroll Online: G3D redone for latest game version
- Fallout 76: some minor HUD/menu glitches fixed (map, perks screen, selection wheel)
- VLC: Uses DX11 output now instead of OpenGL
* some of these were already included in the last profile database update.