Any chance of updated the Supported Games List

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Any chance of updated the Supported Games List

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Pudsley
    Participant

To be honest I’m finding Vorpx to be extremely limited use right now, I’m sure that will improve but I do think you need to be a little more honest with potential buyers.

You have a Supported games list that frankly is very misleading, the key phrase that is missing is…

“This is a list of games that are supported by Vorpx but at this point in time not necessarily all brands or versions of VR Headsets.”

The issue is you’ve very impressively done all of the work to get a lot of titles working but unfortunately most of it back when the Oculus Rift DK1 and DK2 were about. Now the CV1 has launched with new runtimes and you’ve added in HTC Vive Support that list is almost useless.

A hell of a lot of titles won’t even launch with the Watcher enabled let alone let us tweak the settings.

It would be great if someone could mark next to each title confirmation of support, something like…

DK1, DK2, Vive, Oculus Rift CV1. Then we can know whether or not to waste time and potentially money trying to get something to run,

Again…I appreciate your work but at the end of day it’s not a cheap piece of software and at present the CV1 is largely unsupported.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Game support is largely independant from the headset used. vorpX hooks into games reagrdless which headset is selected. If you have issues with multiple games not hooking in a similar manner, please check the trouble shooting guide in the help in regard to possible injection conflicts.

The Game Optimizer is a separate program. Not all supported games have an optimizer entry since not all games have editable config files. The optimizer changes game config files if possible to make a game work better in VR, while a game being supported means that there is a profile for Stereo 3D (Z3D and/or G3D).

vorpX actually works with even more games than those on the supported games list BTW (albeit in 2D for unsupported titles) since it tries to hook into any D3D9/10/11/OpenGL game you launch.

Pudsley
    Participant

I appreciate the response and what you are saying but I am not talking about optimizations.

Simply put the hook itself is not working with CV1.

Ignoring Bioshock 1 which I have an unusual problem of only 25% of the screen displaying which could be something else entirely I am seeing injections that simply aren’t working.

1- Bioshock 2 the process terminates a couple of seconds after launching, pause the watcher and the game works fine.

2- Arma 3 ignoring battleeye by running the arma3.exe we see a black display in the headset, pause the watcher and it works perfectly on the monitor.

3- Tomb Raider 2013 – Failed to Start with Vorpx Watcher enabled.

Can you really say these games are supported if it doesn’t actually work?

I completely understand if you were to say “Well Arma 3 is because the game developers patched it and it stopped working”. That makes sense but then why is it still on the supported list?

It’s become a standing joke in our office to check off each game on the Vorpx “supported” list as not supported on the Oculus Rift CV1.

Ralf
    Keymaster

No problem with Bioshock 1, 2, Infinite (Steam) here. Arma 3 also works as expected without BattleEye, normally started through Steam and the Arma 3 launcher.

Please primarily check for possibly conflicting programs on your PC. A lot of other apps also hook into games, not all of them are obvious. This can cause all sorts of issues with vorpX. Hottest candidates are: virus scanners, any sort of CPU/GPU utilities, game video recording/streaming software, chat programs and generally everything that can show notifictations in games.

Best way to trouble shoot is to disable/uninstall every background program that would not be there after a fresh, Microsoft only Windows install.

Pudsley
    Participant

You might be right in some respects…I seem to have some other issue at the moment it seems.

I seem to be getting black screens even in games that previously worked (Fallout 4 for instance)

Laser
    Participant

<p abp=”135″>
    <p abp=”140″>3- Tomb Raider 2013 – Failed to Start with Vorpx Watcher enabled.

Just played that couple of days ago, and worked fine just like before, I too have problems with some games. Bioshock2 crashes quite fast on my computer, and getting black screen treatment on games like Risen but I have to try to troubleshoot these by disabling non essential software.

What I would like to see in the supported games list is the 3D mode that the profile supports (without any big graphical issues) so I could know in advance what to expect, for example

Metro 2033 (geometry)
    Tomb Raider (z-normal)

jjensson
    Participant

What I would like to see in the supported games list is the 3D mode that the profile supports (without any big graphical issues) so I could know in advance what to expect, for example

Metro 2033 (geometry)
    Tomb Raider (z-normal)

YES! That would be great, if we had more detailed information.

grflhuf
    Participant

I agree with OP.

The list is *very* misleading.

As there is no way to test VorpX before buying like with TriDef for example, all you have is this list and some internet chatter.

After buying VorpX it was like a kick in the nuts. Even a game is on the list the VorpX driver itself shows me on the rift that this game is not supported and all I get is a 2D “experience”. If you call that supported… no thank you.

But yes, it has to do something with my steam, steam overlay, ShadowPlay, Virus Scan, (insert random name here) and so on.

Selling the software as “beta” doesn’t help at all, well maybe the author as an excuse.

Some games like Amnesia are unplayable as the refresh rate is tied to your monitor. So if it’s 60 Hz you’ll get a 30 FPS “experience” in VR. *slowclap*

Some games’ physics is tied to 60 Hz refresh rate and here again it’s pretty much useless.

And even the game which run pretty well still have glitches with shadows or reflections.

I tried TriDef and it works and much better for games like Guild Wars 2, Tera, Life is Strange, Trine, Bioshock Infinite and so on. No headtracking, but playing first person VR with VorpX and not being do decouple head movement from mouse movement makes me wanna hit something really hard. The latter not being an issue of VorpX, it’s just the way it is and for me it sucks big time.

The most enjoyable way is really to play on a virtual screen in stereoscopic 3D and for that TriDef is far superior to VorpX.

EvilEliot
    Participant

I create a public version so anybody can update and add new games tested or fixes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nD_HyS8v_zKf9MZ3OYVpdnKAJBeMycGTgFmaJ639Oyg/edit?usp=sharing

sparkyhodgo
    Participant

Ignoring Bioshock 1 which I have an unusual problem of only 25% of the screen displaying which could be something else entirely I am seeing injections that simply aren’t working.

1- Bioshock 2 the process terminates a couple of seconds after launching, pause the watcher and the game works fine.

Sounds like you’re running Bioshock 1 in DirectX 10 mode. Try DirectX 9 (-dx9 in launch parameters)

Bioshock 2 I’m having the same issue. Let me see what happens if I pause the watcher…

sparkyhodgo
    Participant

Bioshock 2 I’m having the same issue. Let me see what happens if I pause the watcher…

Answer: if you pause the VorpX watcher it works better (ie lets you access the esc menu) but still crashes after a short time.

vpxtst
    Participant

I’m also having problems with Bioshock2 and VorpX. I haven’t tried Bioshock 2 remastered yet to see if that works better.

vpxtst
    Participant

Okay, I can get the game to run if I use Bioshock2 remastered, but not the original Bioshock2.

Also, Bioshock2 remastered doesn’t support VorpX DirectVR. If it does, then it just doesn’t support the auto-tracking (Alt L) feature?

vpxtst
    Participant

I was finally able to get Bioshock 2 working after I disabled my antivirus and installed a ReVive update that was sitting in the notification area of my system tray. Dunno if one or both of those things above is what needed to be done, but it works for me now so I’m happy.

maximus2k16
    Participant

Except this thread was not originally about you or Bioshock 2…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!