Assassin creed Valhalla

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Assassin creed Valhalla

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    dellrifter22
    Participant

Cool, I’m really hoping for a vorpX profile though. Odyssey is one of my most played games. Hopefully once Cyberpunk gets sorted, Valhalla can get another stab.

In the meantime I’m playing more RDR2, with the most recent profile. It’s great that now the Hud can be scaled for fullvr, but somehow the context keys display Hud is not scaled. Perhaps a quick fix to assign these additional shader layers is possible. It is the only Hud element I actually need :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Unfortunately RDR2 uses the same shaders that are used for displaying keys and some other text also elsewhwere. If memory serves right the final image is drawn to the screen using the same shader, so defining it as HUD also would scale down the whole image. Not 100% sure anymore if it was exactly that, but definitely something like it. In the end I was happy to have the actual HUD and menu working without unwanted side effects.

dborosev
    Participant

I’m really liking Valhalla much more than I liked Odyssey. I found Odyssey too kidsy, with cartoony over the top extravagant NPCs and sillyness.
    Valhalla is more “adult” oriented and serious. And they really fine tuned exploration, so you need to search around for things.
    Also, you don’t just tag all the enemies and then see through walls the whole time. And the loot is more meaningful, no borderlands style lootershooter with a new weapon every 3 minutes.
    Also, the landscapes and general feel of the game are much much better.

dborosev
    Participant

And yesa VorpX profile will be awesome, as it keeps crashing with superdepth.

steph12
    Participant

+1, i hope we will get an official profile.

Ralf
    Keymaster

It doesn’t crash with vorpX, but unfortunately the depth buffer changes in a way during gameplay that makes the heuristics used for such cases fail. In layman’s terms: 3D switches on/off seemingly randomly, hence I had to pull the profile from the last release. I’ll take another shot at it later, but don’t expect anything in that regard before Christmas.

steph12
    Participant

yes, it’s all good Ralf, i hope you’ll take time to enjoy some christmas break.

i wont talk for others, but i can wait 2021 for this profile :)

claudio
    Participant

hallo Guys,how can i install the new version 21.1.1?

dborosev
    Participant

New versions will automatically install for you. But, if you are here for Valhalla specifically, Ralf is working on it and it will be released sometime after xmas when he is able to fix it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

At least I will take another shot at it. As always, no promises though.

Mazzle
    Participant

That’s a shame that they did something unusual that makes it hard/impossible to get vorpx working with it. Odyssey and Origin are so gorgeous in vorpx. Those are the two I use to wow people and turn them on to vorpx.

stretchymantis
    Participant

*bump*
    Hi Ralph, did you ever have a chance to take another crack at Valhalla by chance?

dellrifter22
    Participant

+1

Any luck with this one?

steph12
    Participant

this game seems to be a lost cause as vorpx is concerned.

Ralph
    Participant

New Profiles here:

User Profiles

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!