Battlefield 4

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Battlefield 4

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    aiekillu
    Participant

Hello, I have been using VorpX for a while now and I really enjoy it, I never went deep in the settings though, always click and play.
    Now with the release of Battlefield 4 I immediatly launched Vorpx and BF4, infurtonatly as you know headtracking, moving my head results in moving the crosshair.
    Now, I was wondering if there were any settings to tweak that and make the head movement independant from the crosshair ? (If not I’ll just deactivate the headtracking, not as immersive, but still a hell of an experience with the rift!)
    Thanks.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Unfortunately it’s not possible, or better feasible to separate head tracking from the crosshair. Head tracking does always the same that the mouse does.

Technically there would be a way to move the ‘head’ independently, but that would result in heavy graphical errors in almost all games, since you would be able to look at parts of the scene that aren’t actually rendered by the game. So unfortunately that’s nothing that makes sense in practice.

aiekillu
    Participant

Alright, I just wanted to make sure, thank you very much, the game is still incredible in the rift using Vorpx, even with headtracking disabled!

Awacs
    Participant

Hi there might be another Problem.

BF4 Beta was 64 Bit only, i don’t know if there is a 32 bit version.

If not there is no way to use VorpX atm.

VorpX supports 32 Bit only (at its current state)

Oculus Prime
    Participant

I think you are right.

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please fix it Ralf. :)

Rescue-Gamer
    Participant

The final version has 32 bit support, I don’t have it here to test it, but I read it has 32 bit support in the final version, was the beta the one that only had 64 bit support.

Oculus Prime
    Participant

I am not able to get Vorpx to launch with BF4. If anyone knows which is the correct file path and exe to create a desktop shortcut please post here. Or if you did something special to get it to work.

Thanks.

aiekillu
    Participant

Oculus Prime, The correct exe is the bf4_x86 (not the bf4.exe)
    It’s 32bit and it works perfectly with Vorpx, at least, for me.

Oculus Prime
    Participant

Dang. Just tried the file above and still no VORPX. Am I the only one?

aiekillu
    Participant

You might wanna create a Vorpx shortcut to that file, click on the Vorpx icon on the bottom right corner of windows, and click ”add vorpx shortcut”
    then select the game exe, it’ll display on your desktop, launch it from there and see if it works.

Oculus Prime
    Participant

Yeah tried that too. Hmmm. Not sure what else I can do.

nohano
    Participant

I think the problem is that the game is still running in 64 bit regardless of the exe used to launch it. When I double click bf4_x86.exe it opens the launcher in my web browser, not the game. Then, I start the game from the web launcher and there’s no vorpx menu when I hit delete or anything.

I tried renaming bf4.exe to see if it would help, but then it errors out when I double-click bf4_x86.exe, saying, “Error Launching Game – The game Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe does not appear to be installed. Please install it or try relaunching the game.”

Aiekillu, are you running a 32 bit OS which would force the game to run in 32 bit? If not, are you doing anything else special that would force 32 bit? Anybody have any other ideas for how to force 32 bit? I googled a bit and looked at compatibility settings, but have yet to find anything that works.

aiekillu
    Participant

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that in order to launch the x86 exe I hade to download and copy a crack (reloaded) whenever I wanted to play with the oculus rift (I backed up the original files, just copy them back when I don’t want oculus anymore and want to go back to my original version of the game)
    I know that’s not great, but hey, I payed 70$ for the game.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Guys,

Before you do something like that you might want to wait a few days. BF4 works just fine with the current dev build, including (Z-Buffer) 3D.

A lot of effort in the last weeks went into resolving semi random arcane DRM issues. There are a few things to be done until the update is ready for release, it will available soon.

nohano
    Participant

Thanks for the update Ralf.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!