Battlefield 4

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Battlefield 4

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    natalievfx
    Participant

Hi Ralf, I am having trouble getting battlefield 4 to start in vorpx mode. I have tried making a vorpx shortcut on my desktop and launching the bf4_x86 version and starting in offline mode and I have no anti-virus and its not in my excluded programs list. so far everything with vorpx has launched fine on my rig so i don’t know if I am just missing something obvious. any help would be much appreciated. Thanks:)

-Natalie

ati radion 7970 win 7 64-bit.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hi Natalie,

Assuming that you use the latest version (should show 0.64 in the bottom left corner with working games) you already seem to have done everything that first comes to mind.

Just one thing, hope that doesn’t sound too stupid: did you also try to start BF4 the ‘normal’ way, through battlelog? With the latest version the offline workaround shouldn’t be necessary anymore for BF, even the 64bit version should work.

natalievfx
    Participant

Hey Ralf, I am .64 and I tried the standard way of starting BF4 through battlelog. I will keep hacking away. Thank you so much. Love your driver btw. Has worked great with every other game I have tried. Great job Ralf:)

-Natalie

Jay Smizzle
    Participant

Doesn’t work.

z0mbie.LXXVII
    Participant

Same I have never been able to make BF4 work is there a patch or something in the works here? I bought this to play BF4.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Do you have the latest version installed (0.64). If in doubt, you can always use your original installer to install the most current update.

Hope that helps.

Tb64
    Participant

I was having the same problem, running v0.64 but the game was not starting up with VorpX. I was messing around with the settings in SP and gave up. Started it up today and it was working.

I had to set it so my main monitor was duplicated on my oculus then start up the game in full screen (best to restart your game after changing settings).

You can give that a try and hopefully it will work. Normally I run my oculus as monitor 2 and set vorpx to start games on that monitor and it was not working for me. Maybe the duplicated monitors makes it work for BF4?

Not that I know if it matters but I’m running dual HD5770.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If something doesn’t work, setting the display config to clone mode is always one of the things you should try, not only for BF4. The safest method to do this is setting clone mode in Windows and ‘Use System Settings’ in vorpX.

kosmo1982
    Participant

i have small proble. I disable head tracking, cause it messes my aim ,and then this middle mouse button thing doesnt work and everytime i die i have to take off my rift to find respawn button…
    Other things: in tridef You have option like world scale, which is very nice and lets You tweak how big objects are in world. Right now everything is too big in BF4.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hi kosmo,

Instaead of disabling head tracking completely, set the Head Tracking Sensitivity to 0.0. This way you can disable the tracking, but EdgePeek stays functional.

Scaling the scene can be achieved by raising the Eye Separation in vorpX (main page of the in-game menu). BF4 only only supports Z-Buffer 3D currently, so the effect is somewhat limited though.

Another thing that affects the perceived scale is the field of view set in a game. Please make sure to set it to something like 95-100 in the game options. Unfortunately this works only in multiplayer, in the campaign this value is ignored. The reason for this is only known to DICE…

Climberfx
    Participant

Is impossible to fly na Heli with head tracking. i would love to look inside cockpit, and around the heli view, like i do in game pressing second mouse botton and moving the mouse, but this is not the head work. it try to control the heli with head movment. it’s horrible.

moosewhite
    Participant

right click on battlefield 4 in origin. go to game properties. set when launching this game to x86. fixed it for me. and i is verrrrry happy

VRinsanity
    Participant

(was meant to post here, accidently posted prev in wrong thread)

For Separate Gun and Head Tracking, like when playing VR in Team Fortress 2, is it possible to use ‘VorpX’ and ‘Opentrack’ at the same time?

I just got VorpX and have used it for COD Ghosts, and Battlefield 4. Its great! the only thing that is missing is separate Headtracking to Gun Tracking.

I saw this video of some guy playing Arma 3 with Separate tracking using ‘Opentrack’ and ‘VorpX’ what do you think??? BTW I have never used Opentrack.

link to vid: http://www.frequency.com/video/arma-3-oculus-rift-vorpx-opentrack-for/123981385/-/5-1569223

Ralf
    Keymaster

ArmA 3 supports separation of head and gun movement itself, that’s why this can be done with OpenTrack.

Most other games (including BF4) don’t allow this, and a driver like vorpX cannot circumvent that unfortunately, it’s always restricted to how the game handles camera movement. Or to be precise: There is a theoretical way to do this, but in almost all games it would lead to massive artifacts in the form of missing geometry depending on where you look at, since the scene geometry gets clipped before the driver comes into play. So that is not practical.

restlessdreams
    Participant

Hey relf I have the of rift and new version of vorpx and other games work like BioShock ,crysis 3,but my battlefield 4 doesn’t or farcry 3 what could be the problem can I get some tech tips on these games please would love to play battlefield 4 with oc tried some things no luck help relf please

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!