Codemasters Dirt 2/3/Grid

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Codemasters Dirt 2/3/Grid

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    isamu
    Participant

Can you try grid 2 please?

matteo39
    Participant

I haven’t yet grid 2 !

matteo39
    Participant

tried also SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED (need for speed, 2011)

wonderful!

but you must put off the shadows (or put g3d to low value)

then, put g3d to 5.0, and max the resolution.

graphically, is like a native vr race game!

isamu
    Participant

Have you tried any emulators such as PCSX2 or PPSSPP? I’m particularly interested in seeing if Ridge Racer V(PCSX2) or Ridge Racer 2(PPSSPP) works.

isamu
    Participant

I figured out how to enable G3D in the Dirt games.

matteo39
    Participant

I figured out how to enable G3D in the Dirt games.

HOW? Is it a secret? :lol:

drowhunter
    Participant

HI ive been reading this discussion and have a question
    you mention that since codemasters game support trackir that i can use opentrack

but I have an actual trackir could i just use it like normal , without opentrack?

Harry Siebert
    Participant

I would not mind comparing notes.

I have Dirt 2 and 3 and Grid racing and they work well in G3D

It is a very good 3d effect and not just Cinema mode which is just a big screen in my Oculus DK2

Dirt 2 must be forced into DX9 but that is easy to do.

I have had a few VR computers running Win7 and 10 and have not had a problem with these games.

I have not been able to run them in Full VR mode since the screen just moves as my head does and that is not very fun. Maybe it is because I do not have an special programs running except Vorpx, and the Oculus console.

No user guide seems to be available which seems like more then just an oversite.

It would not be bad to compare a few notes here.

XenomorphXX121
    Participant

I just got Vorpx and tried Grid but mine plays in a cinema screen and I tried another game and that also played in a cinema screen and I was starting to wonder if I had just wasted my money on this as I thought all games would play the same, also is Grid Racing Grid or Grid Autosport and also what is G3D?

Harry Siebert
    Participant

(I just got Vorpx and tried Grid but mine plays in a cinema screen and I tried another game and that also played in a cinema screen and I was starting to wonder if I had just wasted my money on this as I thought all games would play the same, also is Grid Racing Grid or Grid Autosport and also what is G3D?)

TRUE G3D only works with some games. “Racing Grid” Yes. “Grid Autosport” No.

Here is a short list > Racing grid/Dirt3 and (Dirt 2 if you force DX9). These are great fun and the true G3D is great and makes better control of your car possible because of the better depth perception.

Grid Autosport just plays on the cinema screen(No G3D) and off comes the Oculus.

Full VR only on a few games and is Poor compare to true Full VR. More later.

If G3D is working it will look “simply put” like a 3D movie on a big screen.
    If it is not working or you have the wrong mode it will usually look like a regular movie screen with no 3d. This is pointless IMO since the resolution is lower than many monitors.

If you go into the game and have Vorpx loaded and see the Vorpx logo at the bottom of the screen hit the Del key on the KB. You will be in the VorpX console and able to see what mode you are in on the first screen you come to. If you switch modes and the G3D view are not a selectable option than you can do nothing to change that. You can select Full VR at the top but if it is not a working option you will know since it will lock the screen view until you select something else.

Full VR is available in some games if you have head tracking working.

I used it in FSX flight sim and it worked. Turned on “mouse look” and it worked too for head tracking. You plane looked like a toy and the head tracking was not precise. The surrounding area looked pretty good, although turning your head made me a little nauseous. Compare this to Flyinside for FSX and there is not comparing the two. Keep in mind that Flyinside is $40 for just one program. But the experience is amazing. Perfect 360 environment. Plane and world to scale. You can stick you head out the window and look at your wheels.

Buy Vorpx for the games you want and can play in G3D on the cinema screen. This is mainly what I use it for and it is worth the cost. G3D in these programs are in “some ways” almost as good as Full VR. Different but excellent

Buy VorpX if you need Full VR for the games that will work with it and you have your expectation dialed down.

Do not expect FSX/Flyinside like experience or a Dirt Rally with native VR support(Flawless experience). Or Assetto Corsa with native Oculus support (mind blowing)

It is hard to find the information needed for many games but you need to keep digging. It is usually out there to find between YouTube and Google searches.

Harry

Ralf
    Keymaster

G3D is supported for roughly 90% of the officially supported games (and many more through user profiles). If you want to try something else than racing/flight sims, chEck a game from this list to see what vorpX is capable of in the best case.

Harry Siebert
    Participant

I will say I just got a VorpX update and was impressed at the new support of many more games in G3D. Two that I will mention are F1 2011 and F1 2018. The F1 2018 was mind-blowingly good and I will say I do not miss full VR when G3D works this well. You can adjust the screen distance and you have a great feeling of depth in the image. The longer the team keeps working on this 3D system the better it is getting.

Harry

RJK_
    Participant

Hello Guys,

I would like to point to a brandnew G3D profile for GRID 2.

GRID 2

enjoy !

Harry Siebert
    Participant

Dirt 2 G3D – Must force DX9
    Dirt 3 G3D

These are 2 of my favorite games in VorpX

I use an Oculus Rift DK2

Perfect 3d stereo view.

I do not use my Oculus if it only runs in Cinema screen mode without true 3d.

I am finding more games are being added to the G3D list all the time.

I wish someone would update Grid 2 and Grid Autosport to run in true G3D.

Someone made another profile for Grid 2 and it says in the console it is running Z3d but it looks like just cinema screen mode with no real 3D. I will look into the one just before my post who said they have a working 3d profile for Grid 2.

Harry Siebert
    Participant

I have to revise my last comment. Grid 2 is now working with good G3D

I am now having trouble with Grid 1 in Windows 10. It hangs at the start of Vorpx.

Grid 1 is one of my favorite games and I really like it in G3d. It works fine in Win7 but not Win10. I have a few Win10 computers and it is the same on all of them.

If anyone has an idea let me know.

Harry

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!