Couldn't load LibOVRRT

Homepage Forums Technical Support Couldn't load LibOVRRT

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    sethrt
    Participant

Just got vorpx for my DK2 today, version 16.1.2 I believe. Every time I try to launch a steam game I get this error:

ERR: OculusRiftDevice: Oculus runtime init failed: -3001 : Couldn’t load LibOVRRT.

I was able to launch games from Uplay with no issue really. Could definitely use some help, I really want to play Skyrim!

Ralf
    Keymaster

This message is routed through from the Oculus runtime to vorpX. It means that the Oculus runtime is not able to load one of its components.

Not much I can suggest besides checking whether your Oculus software is fully complete and up to date, rebooting your PC in case it’s an issue with the runtime being blocked somehow, and maybe trying to run vorpX as admin.

sethrt
    Participant

So I run Vorpx as admin, which launches the Oculus APP (v1.3.1 I also can’t find anyway to make sure it’s updated fully), then I get this message while it tries to detect my oculus “you may need to close vorpxcontrol.exe or address windows associated with it in order to get back to vr.”

sethrt
    Participant

I also still get the same error as before even after a reboot and fresh install of Oculus Setup 1.3.1

sethrt
    Participant

Sorry for the triple post but by exiting out of Oculus App after Vorpx launches it I’m able to get audio of the Skyrim menu but no visual. Still get ERR: OculusRiftDevice: Oculus runtime init failed: -3001 : Couldn’t load LibOVRRT.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Are you by any chance running Steam in any sort of compatibility mode? If so, please disable any such option. Considering that games started from Uplay work, that seems like a possibility.

FultonX
    Participant

Nothing has changed on my system with the exception of VorpX and now I am getting this error when I try to play Skyrim. Oculus Demo scene works fine and as I said, nothing else has changed and I have been playing since February. Do you have any more suggestions? I am not running in any kind of compatibility mode and as I said I have ran with the exact same process for months, with the exception that this time when I clicked on VorpX to run it, it auto updated, failed, I reinstalled, and now it won’t work. Please help. Thank you.

FultonX
    Participant

How can I roll back to previous versions of VorpX?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please send a mail to support |at| vorpx com.

Marquis
    Participant

HO MEN ! .. exactly the same error , few minutes ago, just after download and install mast VORPX version.
    Yesterday, everything ran perfectly …

has Somebody find the solution ?

Thanks
    Joe

Marquis
    Participant

… i confirm, after update my second VR MACHINE (after making a Ghost) i face the same probleme, nothing runs anumore with VorpX …. sorry !

Joe

Ralf
    Keymaster

You need the latest Oculus software. Also please make sure that there are no leftovers from older beta runtimes you might have had installed.

https://www.oculus.com/en-us/setup/

Mike Finch
    Participant

Me too same error yesterday was fine now no go, i have’nt tried the new oculus update yet, hopefully it may help

onyxlee
    Participant

The same here. I use the oculus runtime switcher to switch back from 0.8 to 1.3. And I got the same error.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please do not use the runtime switcher. Make sure that you have only the latest Oculus software installed and that there are no leftovers from any beta runtime on your system.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!