Days Gone

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

Anyone got a good profile for this one?

LuigiChoolis
    Participant

Can’t say I do yet, but I can report Vorpx working just fine with Days Gone (Steam version in my case).

I’m on a RTX 3090 with an Intel 7 10700K 3.8 Ghz and 16gb ram. Works just fine with Vorpx + Quest 2 at 3840 x 2160 at the highest graphics settings, at 72Hz in my case (haven’t tested it at higher frequency yet).

The frame rate was 72/72 most of the time, I think the minimum I saw once in a while was maybe 58/72. I was using AirLink by the way, I don’t use the cable anymore.

LuigiChoolis
    Participant

Forgot to mention that I’m only getting Z-Normal and Z-Adaptive, no Geometry (but I don’t think we were expecting Geometry with this game?).

dborosev
    Participant

Forgot to mention which profile you used…

Dave
    Participant

Quick test with the Jedi Fallen Order G3D profile, and the result is that even on lowest settings and 1080p i got only 35fps with my RTX 3080.

dborosev
    Participant

I’d probably play it in Z3D anyways. Outdoors open world is much better that way.

ParadiseDecay
    Participant

Uploaded a Profile.

Some IMPORTANT notes:
    – VorpX Settings: Z3D, Immersive Screen.
    – In Game Settings based on RTX 2070 Super:
    High settings, Window Mode, FOV 100, turn Motion Blur off.
    *This profile does support DirectVR Scan and Geometry 3D, but the game is badly optimised and looked terrible on my 2070, also textures were messed up.
    (Feel free to try and tweak it to work better)
    *It LOOKED and WORKED fantastic for me in Z3D with Max 3D strength (3.0)
    ALSO the 3D still looks really good in Z3D.

LuigiChoolis
    Participant

I never use any profile, I make my own. I’m still not sure why you would try the profile from another game? I see above that if you try the Jedi Fallen profile then it uses Geometry. But if Geometry was available for this game you would know the first time you launch it without any profile, no? Can Geometry be forced on a game or available depending on the game itself?

Example: the first time you launch Titanfall 2 you see that Vorpx gives you the option of using Geometry, Z-Normal or Z-Adaptive. But the first time you launch Days Gone Vorpx only gives you the options of Z-Normal and Z-Adaptive. What gives?

LuigiChoolis
    Participant

I found this post from 2016 that adresses the issue of forcing Geometry:

Forcing G3D

I don’t believe anything has changed in regards of forcing Geometry on a game like Days Gone, but perhaps Ralf has new information since this is 5 years later.

dborosev
    Participant

Thanks PD!

themerote
    Participant

Thanks mate, I’m downloading Days Gone now, I wonder if there will be a first person mod for this game, we really need an open world zombie game with GTA mechanics. I’m gonna play around with the profile, I’m on a GTX 1070 so not sure how well its gonna run. Are you gonna do a You Tube video on this one?

maxiej123
    Participant

@paradisedecay

Thanks so much man I’m a big fan of yours on YouTube as well glad to know your invested in vorpX as well !

ParadiseDecay
    Participant

This is now in my TOP VorpX experiences!

– VorpX Settings: Z3D, Immersive Screen.
    – In Game Settings based on RTX 2070 Super:
    High settings, Window Mode, FOV 100, turn Motion Blur off.

*This profile does support DirectVR Scan and Geometry 3D, but the game is badly optimised and looked terrible on my 2070, also textures were messed up.
    (Feel free to try and tweak it to work better)

*It LOOKED and WORKED fantastic for me in Z3D with Max 3D strength (3.0)
    ALSO the 3D still looks really good in Z3D.

ParadiseDecay
    Participant

RALF have you improved the 3D in Z3D? becuase it certainly feels like it in the last 2 games I have tried. RE8 and Days Gone.

dborosev
    Participant

Must be on a game by game basis, because for Days Gone and some other games, the 3D definitely seems on point. But I went back and played AC:Odyssey a few days ago, and it seemed quite flat compared to Days Gone. Like half as much 3D depth.
    Maybe its the FOV of each game which affects it. I notice the higher FOV games seem 3Der. (Yes thats a word)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!