Deepoon E2

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Markocova
    Participant

I try everything my Vorpx just wont work.Everything else like vierio,my dream swift, oculus home,steamvr everything works but vorpx wont.I set Oculus Rift Devkit 2,Skyrim optimizer and nothing.Does your vorpix try icon disapper after u put yous mouse pointer on it?My disappear after i do that cant get options on it.Maybe my vorpix is broken or something.

monkeyfist
    Participant

I got stuff working using the 0.8 runtime, i think the latest one is geared towards CV1. Well i only tested Mirrors Edge and some random stuff.

krogan
    Participant

all the games work fine for me and icon doesnt dissappear . implaying skyrim elderon now and its awesome

krogan
    Participant

it may be just a microsoft framework problem in which case a fresh install would solve it.

krogan
    Participant

fresh install of vorpx not windows hehe vorpx install has the additional microsoft framework files which are loaded after main software.

Markocova
    Participant

I do a fresh install off windows 10 and 8.1 and vorpix and still have the same problem.Like on win 10 and win 8.1 vorpix try icon dissapear.

dennis_s
    Participant

@Markocova

As I read on one russian site, Deepoon Assistant 1.5.1.10 install old Oculus drivers (of 0.8 SDK) as in-pack part which not allow to play CV1 games. Recomendation is installing 1.3.2.10 (I guess there are no any OR drivers included, so no conflicts).

Let me translate installing step-by-step guide from there for you and other deepoon owners. That way completly works for me.

It shoud works on all windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10

0) I recommend to uninstall deepoon, oculus software (also runtime) and they drivers from device manager. Maybe it’s good to clean Windows Registry using tool like ccleaner. It is not from guide, but it clear I think.

1) Install last Runtime with Oculus Home.
    Web istaller https://www3.oculus.com/en-us/setup/
    Skip all setup procedures, but make sure that OR software and drivers is up to date. Also you need to make OR account. Just register. Use PIN 1234, for example.
    2) When installing process is done, go to Device Manager. You should see Rift DK2 Senson with warning icon. Delete this one WITH DRIVER! Deepoon haven’t positional sensor as original DK2.
    3) Plug Deepoon device to yout PC. (HTMI + USB)
    4) Now install Deepoon Assistant 1.3.2.10 . It’s very important! Do not install last Deepoon Assistant 1.5.1.10 because it’s provide build-in old DK2 drivers from 0.8 Runtime which not allow to play CV1 games.
    Deepoon Assistant 1.3.2.10: http://static.vrbig.com/deepoon_assistant/DPNAssistant_V1.3.2.10.rar

5) Reboot your PC
    6) Run Oculus Home, make sure Deepoon light indicator is blue (not red). Oculus Home message you that DK2 unsupported – do not worry, it’s ok. Just close blue message block. In Deepoon you can see a warning about DK2. Just press A button on your gamepad.
    7) Author also recommend to install LibOVRWrapper 1.2. https://github.com/kalavaras/LibOVRWrapper/releases/download/v1.2/LibOVRWrapper-1.2.zip (run bat file as administrator)
    That Wrapper allow to play OR games uses old 0.6+ runtimes.

8) And yes, don’t forget allow to running games from unknown sourses. (Check Oculus Home settings: Settings/General/Unknown Sources )

Done.

After that guide I tryed to start “Start vorpX”, and then “vorpX Desktop Viewer” (just test) and they work. Then I tryed to play Alien Isolation, seems all are OK.

Goodluck!
    __
    Dennis

monkeyfist
    Participant

You can use the 1.5 assistant, it ask separately if you wish to install the oculus runtime. Just say no to that.

At least i got the latest oculus thingie working with the latest assistant.

Just never got around the “press A button”, as i don’t have a controller. So i assume you need to have an xbox controller to get it working.. there seems to be no way around it.

Then again, just the demos i got working was enough Vr for me. Hah, it’s horrible! I’ll stick to my monitor. :)

dennis_s
    Participant

Ok, tnx for information about assistant. I will check it out.

Hmm, yep. I use dualshock4 with Inputmapper. I will try with original xbox controller.

PS. Cant edit posts..Timeout

Markocova
    Participant

Thank mates for helping!

I try the Russian version like before nothing same shit like before everithing works exept Vorpx.I dont know what to do.Icon still disappear like i missing something.

Markocova
    Participant

assist 1.5 works only with 360 controller

Markocova
    Participant

I have phantom 960 in sli and extra 610gtx card in my config,and 6 display connect NVsurround,projector,2x plasma.Maybe there is a problem.

Markocova
    Participant

Come on any idea how to start deepoon e2 with vorpx?Please help!

jamessto
    Participant

Hi Guys, name’s James and recieved my Deepoon E2 on saturday and still haven’t got it set up. Dennis_s post is what got me to sign up to the forum. I will try out Dennis’ walkthrough above and hopefully that will resolve it. Appreciate people putting helpful info out there.

Thanks,

James

jamessto
    Participant

So I’m having a lot of problems installing this I followed the instructions but the deepoon hmd light only goes blue when in deepoon mode and wont turn on in dk2 mode and therefore oculus home isn’t running.

Anything I’ve missed from the installation process?

Thanks,

James

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!