Does F1 2019 have VorpX support or not?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Does F1 2019 have VorpX support or not?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    vulcan78
    Participant

Lurker here, I’m reading that people are having issues downloading the game’s profile from cloud and that it’s no longer needed because the latest version of VorpX supposedly supports it natively but F1 2019 is absent from the list of supported games.

Supported Games

Also, is OpenTrack still needed for this to work properly?

Thanks!

mariametro
    Participant

It’s not a definitive or official resource, but PCGamingWiki has it listed for G3D, Z3D and DirectVR. It should work.

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Glossary:VorpX

vulcan78
    Participant

Thanks for the reply but this doesn’t answer my question. I’m curious as to why it’s not among the list off supported games here and why I’ve read complaints of people complaining that the .exe from cloud is missing etc., hence the purpose of this post.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The list isn’t always fully up-to-date. There is an official profile that has been added two versions ago: https://www.vorpx.com/vorpx-20-1-0-released/

OpenTrack is not required, like in all F1 games per default vorpX emulates a gamepad for looking around. If F1 2019 still supports TrackIR, you can use OpenTrack instead if you want.

Just to avoid any potential misunderstandings: please be aware that with G3D games performance will be similar to your monitor gaming 3d-driver + a headset streaming app.

vulcan78
    Participant

Request code sent!

vulcan78
    Participant

Thank-you for the fast activation code!

I have it set up in conjunction with OpenTrack and thus far I’m impressed! Is there any way to have it full display instead of looking at a screen?

Specifically, I would like this to work in full VR, not Big Screen, I tried to change the Geometry via Alt+K at keyboard but when I put the Index back on it said “Waiting for F1 2019”.

Does your official profile support full VR or only Big Screen?

“/Tore-Minator 2.0/
    8 months ago
    it’s not full vr, it’s only big screen”

“The VR Realm
    8 months ago
    Works in full VR for me, have you changed the settings within vorpX to Geomatry and zoomed into so you dont have it in bigscreen – and also used the profile shown in the video? As without that profile it will only be big screen

https://youtu.be/BvL1j_qN7uI

vulcan78
    Participant

After changing that geometry setting within F1 2019 now when I attempt to start the game it minimizes to desktop, forcing me to take the HMD off and re-maximize the window, then a few seconds later it minimizes, in a vicious cycle. I’m ready to throw my Index against the wall. Not thrilled with how buggy this is.

vulcan78
    Participant

Additionally, VorpX insists on attaching to fpsVR even though I’ve selected “Add to exclusion list” the first time it got hung up on it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Do yourself a favor and don’t use any programs alongside vorpX that also hook into games. If you need an FPS counter, press ALT+F, vorpX has one built in.

You can switch the ‘Play Style’ option to ‘FullVR’. Be aware though that FullVR requires a perfectly matching FOV to work right. Game and headset FOV have to the same in that case, otherwise the image will look zoomed in or warped. For about 150 games vorpX can do that automatically, for others you may have to do it yourself. Check the ‘Essential Hints Guide’ in the help for detailed information in that regard and the various methods to deal with that matter.

If you want to hop right into FullVR games without caring about stuff like that for now, check the ‘Good FullVR Games For Beginners’ list in the help, basically a selection of FullVR games where vorpX can handle FOV (and more) fully automated.

vulcan78
    Participant

Thanks for the help, I can’t seem to find the FullVR setting nor the Play Style setting anywhere within VorpX

Edit: Delete doesn’t bring up VorpX menu.

Basically none of the keybindings work, Delete doesn’t bring up the menu and Alt+K doesn’t change Geometry.

VorpX is hooking because I can see the watermark and message top left of screen whilst at PC monitor.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The ‘Play Style’ setting is the very first setting in the vorpX ingame menu ([DEL] key).

The help that comes with vorpX is your friend again: the ‘Quickstart Guide’ covers the very basics, e.g. accessing the menu and stuff like that.

DEL does bring up the menu, if for whatever reason that does not work for you, you can change the hotkey in the config app.

BTW: It would be great if you stay away from these annoying and totally useless full quotes. Thanks.

vulcan78
    Participant

Edit: Delete doesn’t bring up VorpX menu.

Basically none of the keybindings work, Delete doesn’t bring up the menu and Alt+K doesn’t change Geometry.

VorpX is hooking because I can see the watermark and message top left of screen whilst at PC monitor.

vulcan78
    Participant

Now there is no display in HMD, I suppose I will restart the PC for the 5th time now trying to get VorpX to work correctly.

VorpX only working at main monitor and not in the Index now. All overlays are disabled.

Not sure why this is so problematic.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Never heard of that before. If that was a common problem, you can be sure to read more about it here. Please try a full factory reset or reinstall.

vulcan78
    Participant

VorpX keeps attaching to fpsVR.exe even though I’ve already manually added the program to the exclude list. It hangs on this and then needs to be restarted but remains unresponsive for 5 minutes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!