Dying Light 2: Stay Human

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Dying Light 2: Stay Human

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Lawrence1962
    Participant

@Ralf

Are you going to release the next vorpx build in February ? Perhaps with a AFR 3D support in the official profile of Dying Light 2: Stay Human ?

Otherwise i would play it in Z3D (hopefully) from day one, and wait patience to the AFR 3D support in the official vorpx profiles of later upcoming games !

@All

For those who would love AFR 3D support in Dying Light 2: Stay Human please express your interest !

luka2099
    Participant

It s too much possible that this game work vr native. Same the chapter one.

steph12
    Participant

i wish this game used unreal engine.
    that home engine means we’re not going to be able to have a working profile anytime soon.

Lawrence1962
    Participant

The Chrome Engine is used, a updated version of Dying Light 2015 and Dead Island. But the older games have support of dx11, and Dying Light 2 official supports dx12 only. That means that vorpx will support Z3D and hopefully AFR 3D, and we don’t know if we will need a new dx12 Z3D profile or it will it work with a existing dx12 profile in Z3D. But there are games in the past, in which dx11 could be unofficial activated by a start parameter, and it will work with older dx11 Chrome Engine profiles. But for dx11 G3D we will need two RTX 3090 Ti, so it will be impossible for us to use it until the RTX 4000 cards will be released. The advantage of AFR 3D is the decent performance !

The Oculus VR support was added some time after release of Dying Light 2015, and most of the players had finished the game before it was released, and i don’t want to wait for it until end of the year.

Because of Covid-19 my list of Triple A Blockbuster is very short until end of the year, so in my opinion Dying Light 2 is the most important release until October.

steph12
    Participant

dying light VR native support was crap, unfinished, ui was not compatible with it (unreadable). looks like they never finished the vr support. too bad, and sadly i highly doubt they will put Vr in that game as well, or they would have said so already.

Lawrence1962
    Participant

Techland didn’t announce a VR support until now

Lawrence1962
    Participant

Update:

The game supports DX11 !

Perhaps we can play it from day one in vorpx, i hope the the profile of the first game in 2015 will be usable to create a new user profile !

I would bet that Paradise Decay will upload a profile on Friday !

dellrifter22
    Participant

Interesting. I’ve read that 2 is made with a new C Engine, so might not have compatibility with 1’s profile off the bat.

Hopefully this new engine is more optimized, as playing 1 in G3D was very heavy, I had to knock down to 1200p. Still a neat experience though.

Would you play this game in G3D if it had some lighting/shadow issues disabled and you needed to turn the resolution down to 1200p? Or would you prefer Z3D here?

Lawrence1962
    Participant

a guy on reddit wrote: (quote)

The C engines used in Quake 3 and older games by id Software were written in the C language, but this is unrelated to the C engine by Techland. Both id Tech 4 (Doom 3 and newer) and all versions of the Chrome engine were written in C++, and likely also the C engine in DL2. While there is not much information about the engine so far, I guess it could still be based on Chrome, but with major upgrades/overhaul.”

G3D in games like that is a difficult question for me. In G3D in First Person games the Resolution has to be at least 2160×1920 and the graphic details have to be at least a mix between medium and low, and ultra textures.

I tested G3D in Days Gone, i think in God of War it would be the same, and i have to use 1620p or 1440p and it does not look like a Triple AAA Blockbuster of 2021, and i decided to play it in Z3D Ultra in 4K, and it’s fun !

But Techland is able to release a VR support with Nvidia Multi-View Rendering and AMD LiquidVR, and we will get a 30% performance boost. I guess that because of the Nvidia and AMD tech the performance of many native VR games is decent.

In my opinion, the perfect compromise between G3D or Native VR and Z3D, is AFR 3D ! “The NPC’s are living” and “their feelings” and also the whole story is much more immersive, but we will have a decent performance. I do not care about the graphic issues of AFR 3D !

ParadiseDecay
    Participant

When I launched Dying Light 2 I had the option to play in DirectX11.
    I tried the original Dying Light profile no Joy, a blank screen in the left eye with G3D also Z3D had no 3D. Need to find a different profile.

JimmyTheSaint82
    Participant

Try Dead Island Riptide Definitive Edition profile in the cloud.
    That’s the latest game to use the engine.

ParadiseDecay
    Participant

I will thanks I just made a video of me playing the game in VorpX with the Battlefield 3 profile, but no 3D, it was still pretty cool. I’ll try the Dead island profile later.

dellrifter22
    Participant

It’s a bit of a stretch, but I have gotten random games to work Z3D with profiles of Unity 5 Base and The Hunter: Call of Wild.

You could also try dx12 profiles too. Just remember that things like anti aliasing and dlss might cause problems so try with and without different modes.

ParadiseDecay
    Participant

Tried the latest Dead island Riptide profile, still no 3D.

I have made an IMMERSION profile, no 3D yet but still pretty cool to have the world around you and it feels life-sized!

steph12
    Participant

no 3D = hard pass.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!