Dying Light 2: Stay Human

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Dying Light 2: Stay Human

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    ParadiseDecay
    Participant

I got 3D working with the Call of the Wild Profile, buts its bare minimum.
    You can hardly tell between flat and 3D.

thomas3d
    Participant

3D should actually work very well with Reshade Depth3D, now in version 5.0… Just tried “AC Valhalla” with the 2nd depth map and it looks amazing!!

Even at close range it looks almost exactly like real G3D…in any case much better than Z3D with Vorpx, which unfortunately is limited in its depth gradation…

Of course, Vorpx has the advantage of headtracking.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you dial in Z3D to look almost exactly like real G3D, it has glitches (repeated/distorted parts of the image where missing stuff has to be filled in after shifting the pixels for the left/right view) as huge as the distance between your eyes close to the camera. No way around that no matter what.

In vorpX Z3D is usually dialed in to have natural left/right separation (i.e. scale) after about 1.5m, parts of the scene closer to the eye will look off scaling wise. That is done on purpose to avoid overly excessive Z3D glitches. Since in the majority of games 99% of the time you don’t really look at objects so close to the camera while actually playing a game, overall that’s the better compromise compared to converting half the image into one huge Z3D glitch.

ParadiseDecay
    Participant

Just tried Reshade and I can’t seem to get the 3D right, when I had the 3D starting to appear it hurt my eyes. Something is not right.

ParadiseDecay
    Participant

Ralf – Can you suggest any profiles to try? I don’t mind Z3D with FOV fixes.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’ll take a closer look tomorrow and see what can be done. Download finished an hour ago, but I can’t check the game anymore today.

thomas3d
    Participant

Thank you Ralf for your very detailed technical answer…I see everything correctly objectively as well…

Subjectively, these Z3D errors in the close-up range, especially with the weapon, do not strike me as much…e.g. also with your newly revised Call of Duty WWII profile in Z3D…looks very good from 1.5 m…but the weapon in particular is relatively flat due to the close-up restriction and tears me out of the immersion…

With Reshade Depth3D it looked almost like real G3D with my individual settings… especially the weapon and the body when I looked down to the legs were very real 3D… This shimmering effect in the near area stayed with me for my feeling visible borders…

In any case, it made me prefer to play WWII only with Depth3D….unfortunately without headtracking… Of course, it would be ideal if you could create a way to switch off this Z3D restriction in VorpX…that would be great…!!!

So everyone could decide for themselves how far they can go with Z3D… Vorpx is a really great program…which you have truly made a gem for our 3D VR community over the years…!! Thank you for all the wonderful hours I was allowed to spend with 2D Blockbuster in 3D VR…!! I only wish I had more lifetime for all these amazing fantastic parallel worlds…*smile*

Ralf
    Keymaster

Like said above with your individual settings you get glitches as huge as your head is wide. I’d like that as much as you do, but there is no way to make Z3D look like G3D without practically destroying half the image under some circumstances. That’s not an option for vorpX. In fact a lot of time and effort goes into pre-processing the depth buffer in a way that provides realistic scale at distances where your eyes are 99% of the time while actually playing most games without entirely disrupting the image for the sake of the remaining 1%. We apperently disagree on the matter, but converting half the image into one giant glitch won’t happen for a bunch of good reasons.

BTW: As long as you are onboard, you might have noticed that following user wishes maximum Z3D strength has already been raised several times in the past and is now way above a point that could be considered OK in terms of glitches. I always listen, and did so more than once in respect to this matter, but Z3D glitches all over the image just don’t make sense.

Lawrence1962
    Participant

The official vorpx profile will probably released today !

Ralf
    Keymaster

A small in-between-updates-update(tm) has been released that adds support for Dying Light 2. Requires a vorpX update since it comes with automatic FOV, settings tweaks and DirectVR memory scanner head tracking.

Make sure to definitely run the scanner! Tracking feels fairly snappy with mouse based tracking too, but for one memory scanner tracking is guaranteed to be 100% 1:1 without tweaking and secondly this is one of the games where mouse based head tracking and gamepad input don’t play along. With memory scanner tracking that’s not an issue and you can use gamepads natively. Same for motion controllers in gamepad emulation mode.

Colonel_Black
    Participant

Hi Ralf.

This might be a stupid question as I’ve only just recently bought VorpX.
    I understand importing your profile that you’ve created, however I’m not quite following the “scanner” part. How is that done? is it done from the UI when in-game (del key)?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not at all a stupid question, the scanner is one of those (not so) little gems that probably many don’t even know about. You can run it either from the menu or with ALT+L. Isn’t available for every game, when it is available vorpX displays an according hint in the top left corner of the game window and as a notification in the headset.

Background info in layman’s terms: based on search parameters defined in the game profile the scanner figures out where in the game’s memory the camera is located and – provided the scan succeeds – vorpX then applies head tracking directly to the game camera instead of emulating a mouse, which is way better obviously. So whenever available for a game you should use the scanner.

Lawrence1962
    Participant

Great thank you for the new profile !

ParadiseDecay
    Participant

Noice!

My Initial Impressions:
    *3/5 for the 3D
    *Z3D
    *Full VR Mode
    *Direct VR Scan
    *New Head Tracking Mode

Lawrence1962
    Participant

May somebody please upload custom settings for the official profile optimized for xbox one controller friendly use, without any mouse cursor ?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!