Elder Scrolls Online with Vorpx

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Elder Scrolls Online with Vorpx

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    etarm
    Participant

Just wanted to follow up to say resetting to defaults did fix the perspective problems. The scaling does seem to be related to seated vs. standing height as well, since the software tries to put my head at the height of the visor and my feet at floor height. Other people in the game are scaled based upon my height, I think, so when I’m seated, everyone looks about 3.5′ tall, but when standing, they’re all around 6′ high or so. This probably means I should be playing while standing with the Index controllers, but I haven’t quite figured how to do everything from a controller-only interface yet.

etarm
    Participant

ESO just had a major update, and it appears to have broken VORPX at the logon screen for me. I still get the initial splash screen in my headset (Vive Pro), but when it loads the logon screen, I just see black (both in headset and on screen). If I press delete to bring up the config menu and change the 3D Reconstruction Mode from “Geometry” to anything else, I can then see the logon screen and login to the game. In the little testing that I’ve done, once I’ve loaded my character, I can then switch 3D Reconstruction Mode to “Geometry” again and it works. Interestingly enough, if I then drop back to the logon screen, it is visible, but if I quit and relaunch the game, the logon screen comes up black again. It seems to work fine when VORPX isn’t loaded.

Is anyone else still playing ESO with VORPX? If so, is it working for you with today’s update?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The game itself still works for me, but the logon-screens before the actual game starts are indeed pitch black after this game update.

Easy fix luckily, the update apparently just broke the HUD/menu shader detection. I have uploaded an updated profile to the cloud. Importing the ‘The Elder Scrolls Online [vorpX]’ profile should fix the issue.

etarm
    Participant

Cool. Thanks. Yeah, the game is working for me — I just need to change the 3D Reconstruction to anything other than Geometry to see the logon screen. Then I can change it back once I’m logged in. I’ll try your new profile.

etarm
    Participant

The new profile worked fine and fixed the issue. It also seemed to fix a problem I was having after the update with selecting items on the map. The cursor looked like it was floating high above the map, so it was hard to line up to select a feature. Now it’s back to floating just a little bit above the map, which works much better.

Thanks for being so responsive!!!

moarveer
    Participant

I recently tried the game and it works, but I get unplayable performance with quest 2 and 2080ti, any tips to improve performance? Even with everything low geo3d is unplayable, and z3d barely gives any 3d effect.

steph12
    Participant

this game is very cpu bound.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@moarveer: that doesn’t really sound right. I played a start portion of the game for several hours years ago without encountering anything unusual performance wise. Either on a 1070 or a 1080, don’t remember anymore. Also the game is fairly popular, if there were any unusual performance problems, I’m sure I’d have heard about that in the past four years or so since the profile exists.

Might make sense to reset everything to default. The game options as well as the vorpX profile.

etarm
    Participant

I agree. Something doesn’t sound right. I play on a 1070 and occasionally it will get choppy, but it’s generally running above 50 fps. Granted, not the 90fps that would be ideal, but it’s totally playable. I’m running an i7-7700K with my GTX 1070, 16GB RAM, so not a beefy machine by any means. I don’t recall what my graphics settings are, but they aren’t low quality. I think the textures generally look better than Skyrim VR, but then I’m not running any of the Skyrim VR graphics mods that improve texture quality. Could it have something to do with the headset? I’m running a Vive Pro, which is 1440×1600 per eye.

moarveer
    Participant

I’ll give it another try when I can, but I tried absolutely everything and it was simply unplayable the last time.

etarm
    Participant

Your Quest does have around 50% more pixels than my Vive Pro, but your 280ti should have at least twice the processing power of my 1070. What CPU are you using?

moarveer
    Participant

I’m using the Amd ryzen 3600 and 16gb ram. The thing is that same computer can run Teso at 4k dsr and 60fps resolution IN 3D with 3d vision (something similar to geo3d). Now I’m wondering if I tried the game with 3d vision on, though the game didn’t boot in 3d vision when playing with Vorpx (3d vision pyramid is off and no double images) , but that could be one reason, Ill give it a try.

moarveer
    Participant

Just gave it another try, it didn’t work well. I reset the TESO profile and installed clean 461.92 nvidia drivers (which don’t have any form of 3d vision support). Used Oculus Link so no Virtual Desktop issues either. The first time it booted in game, and performance was terrible, still I noticed I had my old config (4k res, ultra settings) so I tried to lower it a bit. The thing is the game got stuck and I couldn’t get the game to boot into VR any more afer that.

Basically I start SteamVR and launch the game, Vorpx pops the message that it’s hooking, SteamVR shows the basic circles environment with ESO64 loading message, but it stays there, and the game minimizes to dekstop on monitor. If I click the game again to go full screen, on the monitor the game boots fine and Vorpx letters show in the game screen, but on the Quest 2 it’s still showing the basic steamvr environment with eso64 loading message and never gets into the game.

I’ve tried loading the game 4 times, it’s always the same. Now for comparison I tried Bioshock Infinite, the game booted fine in VR with vorpx and performance was silky smooth.

My rig:

ASUS PG278QR Monitor
    Windows 10 1909
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
    Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
    MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
    Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
    SSD M.2 2280 500GB
    Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc

So this game hates me for some reason, or I don’t know what’s happening here.

Ralf
    Keymaster

With the Link cable there is no need for using SteamVR with a Quest usually except for some DX12 games. Try to run vorpX in native Oculus mode by selecting Oculus as your headset type in the vorpX config app.

SteamVR is only needed for Virtual Desktop. In that case you have to select SteamVR as headset type in the vorpX config app AND enable SteamVR capturing in Virtual Desktop.

moarveer
    Participant

Interesting, I’m pretty new to Oculus so I didn’t knew that, always used steamvr before, i’ll give it a try, thanks for the suggestion Ralf.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!