ERR_GFX_D3D_DEFERRED_MEM

Homepage Forums Technical Support ERR_GFX_D3D_DEFERRED_MEM

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    clint_forward
    Participant

I really appreciate the response and tip TheBalt.

Unfortunately, this did not work for me.

I used the sizes from your example and was super optimistic but still the same D3D error.

I would be interested to see if it works for anyone else.

TheBalt
    Participant

I used the sizes from your example and was super optimistic but still the same D3D error.

damn, im sorry Clint.. hmm, ok, this is just the same thing but maybe try going even a little -crazier- with the numbers. I have been running Doom Eternal + Vorpx Desktop and getting memory errors even when I had 20 gigs set aside… I thought it was plenty and still crashed. Kicked it up to 30000 and now no crashes. It probably wont work, but, it might be worth giving it one last shot. and remember to reboot your computer before trying to launch your program again.

I will try to do some research on this error in particular – i dont think this is Vorpx screwing with you, just pushing the system hard and we need to find a way to circumvent that. I have dealt with similar problems before and somehow sorted them out, I will take a closer look for a bit and see if I find anything else.. but go ahead and try one more time going even crazier with the numbers and then reboot after you make sure they are set and dont revert to old numbers

TheBalt
    Participant

ERR_GFX_D3D_DEFERRED_MEM

I actually had this is exact same problem with RDR2 when it first launched and not since. This video might be what you need, check out the change he makes in the games configs and just do exactly as he does. Make a copy of the config file before messing with it, but I remember now that this did work for me. I had totally forgotten about it for RDR2 in particular. His fix starts around 20 seconds in, just need to watch like 15-20 seconds to see what he does.

trybalfish
    Participant

I just wanted to add that Im having the same exact issue as well.
    tried all of the same “fixes” but nothing works for me either

dborosev
    Participant

So no ones found a solution for this yet I guess…

steph12
    Participant

this is serious issue and rockstar never fixed it, shame on them really, guess they re too busy milking players with gta online pfff.

Deadaus
    Participant

I get the same error with ERR_GFX_D3D_DEFERRED_MEM and RDR2 (using RTX3080). Tried to figure it out within the first two hours that Steam lets you try a game before you can ask for a refund. Sadly, had to ask for a refund on the game. Game works normally just not with Vorpx enabled.

Even tried a pirated version of the game, but get a social club error 4 problem so can’t win either way.

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

Unfortunately I’m seeing this exactly same issue.

Note that this is on a very (very) recently completely rebuilt and clean installed *everything*. I have zero tweaks, weird setting, additional software, or anything at all unusual going on. vorpX and Steam VR are performing perfectly except in this regard.

I’ve tried the usual things, but basically all I can do is restart and make sure RDR2 is in DX12 mode.

Ralf, please let me know what files to send you and where to find them. I’m more than happy to do so and hopefully we can get this figured out.

I’m really looking forward to a good G3D experience and apparently RDR2 is the way to go. I do want to return the game on steam however, within the return window, if I can’t get it working with vorpX.

Works fine without vorpX, so I’m skeptical that the fixes I’m seeing will resolve the issue.

Steps: Downloaded Steam version of RDR2. Ran it a couple times to be sure it worked. Started it with vorpX. Failed. Checked settings and vorpX did set the setting to DX12, so I’m fairly sure that part of the process went correctly.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try a ‘SAFE MODE’ restart of the game and also try to run it windowed. Trying a few times should get you in the game usually.

I also get this here occasionally and am 99% sure that its related to the RockStar overlay fighting with vorpX. When the issue occurs, it alway occurs shortly after the R* start message pops up in the upper right corner of the game window. I have yet to find an entirely reliable solution for this conflict, unfortunately the game refuses to launch when the R* overlay gets removed.

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

Well, I think this one is off-the-table for me unless you have some other solution or know you can fix it in a future release. I’ve tried starting in 20+ times. Restart computer, tried different refresh rates to the HMD. Windowed mode. Safe mode. Nothing works at all. Best I got was about 10 seconds after the RockStar overlays appeared in the upper right.

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

Any other ideas anyone? I plan on returning RDR in the next day or so if I can’t get this fixed in about 2 more attempted launches, as it eats into my Steam refund period even just to launch it.

mrshantiman
    Participant

Has this been resolved?

I am getting the exact same issue. I just started the game flat and played the first chapter with max settings. Now I wanted to have a look at it in vorpx and all I keep getting is this error. Beforehand vorpx told me once it would install a hookhelper for RDR2.

win11
    Defender only
    no overlays
    no mods
    3080 ti
    32 GB RAM
    i7 11700k
    HP Reverb G1

mrshantiman
    Participant

Has this been resolved?

I am getting the exact same issue. I just started the game flat and played the first chapter with max settings. Now I wanted to have a look at it in vorpx and all I keep getting is this error. Beforehand vorpx told me once it would install a hookhelper for RDR2.

win11
    Defender only
    no overlays
    no mods
    3080 ti
    32 GB RAM
    i7 11700k
    HP Reverb G1

Edit: I could get into the game by using SAFE mode as Ralf suggested. But seems like I have to redo the graphics settings after every start, plus controls for xbox360 controller and WMR controllers don’t seem to be mapped.

dannysc
    Participant

Any fix ever come out of this thread, I have the exact same problem with the epic version of the game, rtx 3080 etc. Ive tried updating my bios, increasing the virtual ram in windows, cleaning the cache and a whole other host of suggestions from here and reddit to no avail. Would be great if someone figured it out!

morphemes
    Participant

sometime I think to myself, “oh yeah, i bough vorpx so i could play that one game in VR” and then try to play “that one game” only to run into issues like this… VR is so depressing sometimes… like, i wouldn’t have bought a lot of these games if it weren’t for vorpx, and most of them don’t even work half the time… and it’s not even vorpX’s fault.. RDR2 will do this in pancake mode… like what the hek is going on… sigh. I’ve got 32GB of ram and 30GB of pagefile across two nvme drives… I am NOT out of memory.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!